Chapter twenty

Danielle's p.o.v

It had been a couple of days since I had my nightmare and since then I haven't had any more so I guess it was just a random one off dream. Thank god.

We had just had breakfast and Austin had now disappeared into his office for a meeting with his head of security, Theodore. Since the fight with my father at the party, Austin had had round the clock security installed in and around the house and Theo was in charge of it all but he also happened to be of of Austin few close and trusted friends.

Theo is a nice guy and he is really good at what he does but he is not exactly friendly and approachable with me. Maybe it's a werewolf thing! Because even though I only met him a couple of weeks ago for the first time, I have heard him and Austin talking and laughing but be never manages even a small grin when I'm around. So I just tend to avoid him and his stony face.

Austin said the meeting wouldent take long but I was restless waiting for him and I could feel my wolf itching to get out of here and run for miles and miles. I could go for a quick run around the estate but I don't think that would be enough, yet again I could slip out un noticed and run in the huge vast open fields outside of the estate but I don't think that would go down well with Austin.

I toyed with the idea of sneeking out for a while. My heart was saying go for it but my head was was thinking rationally, think about all the dangers....and how Austin would react......

I was going to go to Austin in his office just to see if he was in a good mood or not but then I decided against it. Theo was in there. Along with his stony face. So I just crept past the office door to see if I could hear what they were talking about but I couldn't and I couldn't stop outside the door because they would hear me with their super vampire hearing. Ugh. So i just continued up stairs and into the bedroom where the first things i came across were some dark blue running shorts and a plain white t-shirt..... should I go out for a run....

Yes, I really want to.

No, it's dangerous.

Yes, my wolf in dying to be out, I haven't shifted in weeks

No, think about Austin's warning, there is a reason we have round the clock security.

Yes, I won't take long. An hour at the most

No, I probably wouldn't even make it out of the estate without some form of security seeing me.

Yes ......

No......

Yes......

That's it. I grabbed my running cloths without thinking about it anymore and changed quickly.

I am a werewolf and I need to run. I need to be free once in a while. No matter what anyone says, and it won't take long.

I went back downstairs and luckily there were only a few servants about, Austin must still be in the security meeting.

I went through the kitchen and out the back door. I walked casually across the lawn until I was ninety nine per cent sure I was out of sight. And then I ran to the hidden gate and made my escape. Even if it was only for an hour.I began running and there it was. That familiar stretching. Pulling and breaking of my bones as my body shifted into my other form. Where I was no longer Danielle. Where I was more of an equal. My wolf.

I ran for miles across open fields. Putting my all into just running as fast as i could. Cherishing this moment of freedom. I don't know how long I'd been running when I came across the same forest where I had met lily the last time I was out here. In my human form I maybe would have been hesitant to enter the forest, i would have weighed up the pros and cons in my mind but my wolf didn't care. She wanted to run.

I ran through the forest. Dodging trees and leaping over logs as I went further and further into the wilderness.

Then I felt it........ A change in the wind. Something was wrong. I could smell so many different scents. I came to a halt as I analysed my surroundings. Hearing, seeing and smelling everything around me. The fur on the back of my neck stood up as a chill ran through me. From nose to tail.

I didn't feel like I was in danger but I didn't feel safe either. I was confused.

I turned on my heels and started running back the way I came. Still enjoying the run but more alert and on edge now.

I ran like lightning. Blink and you would miss me. But the run home seemed a lot longer than the one coming here. Finally at the edge of the forest I saw the huge silver railings that surrounded our estate and for once I'm my life I breathed a sigh of relief at seeing silver. I stopped at the edge of the forest to look around me. I felt ok now but something was still of. Maybe lily was here again, looking for me. If I was in my human form I would be able to think better.

I shifted back to my human form for just a second and that had been what he hoped I would do. I turned to look behind me but I was to late. A long metal bar swung in front of me. I felt a shocking pain shoot through the side of my head as my vision blurred and finally went black.

The last thing I remember was a large male figure in front of me chuckling

"Jakes gonna give me one heck of a reward for you"

*******************************
A/N

There it is ....... Dramatic pause

Who?

What?

Where?

How?

Why?

Hey guys I'd love to hear your opinions in what you think should happen next because I only have a rough idea of what I might write next so if you have any super amazing ideas for what you think is gonna/should happen next then please share them with me and well.....if I like them I shall write them :D

Vote, comment and follow :P