Chapter fourteen

Danielle p.o.v

" where are we going " I asked Austin as the black limo we were in turned yet another corner

" you'll see" he replied as the limo pulled up and came to a stop

He looked at me and gave me one last small but reassuring smile that said I would rather be anywhere but here and I nodded in response. With that he got out of the limo and came around to my side and like the gentleman that he is, opened the door for me and extended his arm. I carefully and surprisingly gracefully got out of the car and linked my arm with his and got my first proper look at the house.......no mansion, we had arrived at. it was beautiful but I could feel the lingering tension in the air because of the fact that vampires and werewolves were in the same vicinity.

The house was a neutral house. neither werewolf nor vampire owned it so that made feel a bit better but I still couldn't shake the feeling of dread I had in my stomach. the nagging fear I had of seeing my own species again. my own flesh and blood. my father.

Austin led me up to the main entrance of the house and we were greeted by two door men.

" this is it" Austin whispered to me as I gripped his arm as if my life depended on it. Just before the doors opened to the main room Austin turned to face me and cupped my face kissed me softly on the lips.

" don't be scared hottie, no matter what happened in the past at the hands of some of the people in this room. it will never happen again as long as I'm alive because I will fight for you and protect you until the end of the earth if I have to. ok " I looked into his eyes and believed every word he just said

"Austin" I asked

" yeah " he replied

" I lov.........."

just then the doors opened and we were greeted with the stares of hundreds of very uncomfortable vampires and werewolves.

Austin's p.o.v

" I lov........."

was she really going to say she lov.......nah probably not. I stared at her beautiful face as she turned to look into the crowd, oblivious to the fact that we had hundreds of other vampires and werewolves staring at us. she turned back to me and gave me a small apologetic smile and grasped my hand signalling that we had to move.

I decided to forget about it and hope the subject was brought up again later. I grasped he hand in return but decided it wasn't enough so I wrapped one arm around her waist and held her close to me as we moved forward into the crowd of people.

I could tell Danielle was nervous as we slipped through the crowd and towards the front where some of the other elder vampires and werewolves were stood very uncomfortably. as we reached them Danielle stiffened up beside me and if I wasn't a vampire her death grip on my arm would have broken it.

I greeted everyone one by one. even Jake, though as I was shaking his hand I was picturing ripping it off in my head. then he did something that made my blood boil. he got Danielle and wrapped her in his arms giving her a huge hug and smiling at her. Danielle played along. stiffly hugging him back and smiling at him but I could see beneath the fake smile. to the scared girl that he never loved.

" so " Jake said " you two seem to be doing fine"

" yes we are" I replied turning to Danielle who was now back at my side and giving her a warm smile.

"but I can't help noticing that you two haven't ....... well........done the deed yet " he said smirking

l looked at him. resisting the urge to glare.

" no we haven't " I replied. if he wanted an explanation he would have to ask for one.

"oh " he said. obviously he was expecting an explanation

" and if you don't mind me asking...... why haven't you "

"well really I do mind you asking but seen as we're on this topic of conversation I will tell you. it's because Danielle didn't feel comfortable with the idea of being together as really although we're married, we hardly know each other so because I respect her and don't want to force her into anything she doesn't want to do I said I will wait until she is ready. whenever that may be."

I said the words directly to him and emphasised the bit about forcing her into things. and when I was done I turned to her and smiled at her and she gave me a grin back. full of what. gratitude. hope. love ?

I could tell Jake was processing what I had just said to him but I couldn't be bothered to stick around and listen to his opinion on the matter so I excused me and Danielle and we walked back into the crowds and started greeting and making small talk to whoever was there but all the time all I could think about was what Danielle would have said if those doors hadn't opened.

**********

Danielle p.o.v

The rest of the evening went ok. it wasn't good by any means because it was extremely awkward at times and you could have cut the tension with a knife but I suppose it could have been worse.

I was stood next to Austin when suddenly I heard a squeal. I whizzed around just in time to see Lilly hurtling towards me

"Danielle" she yelled

"hi Lilly" I said

"danielle where have you been, I have been looking for you everywhere" She said as she flew into my arms

"I have been round here somewhere" I said "you just haven't been looking hard enough" I said smiling.

She let go of me and we moved to one side to talk more privately as we had now attracted quite a crowd.

"so, how are you" she asked "have you been too see jake yet?"

"I'm fine, and yeah we have been to see jake but austin handled it really well! what about you" I asked

"I'm ok" she replied

"and what about that day you came to see me" I said "we're you ok when you got back to the pack"

"I was fine" she said giving me a small smile.

"I got home and I ....."

She was cut off mid sentence

"Lilly there you are"

Oh no. Its him. Sam

Me and Lilly both turned around to face him and he grabbed Lilly's arm tight. Too tight.

"hello Danielle" he said in a low creepy voice

"sam" I said

I started panicking and slowly backing up. I frantically looked around for Austin when a strong pair if arms wrapped around my waist

"everything ok hottie" austin said. I tilted my head so I could see him and gave him a smile and nodded.

"good" he said. He really was my knight in shining armour. With that Sam piped up again

"so, I hear you two are not even mated yet" he said smirking

Austin turned and glared at Sam, he must have realised that Sam was one of me fathers regualr impressors ..... If looks could kill.......

"no where not" Austin replied "because Danielle didn't feel ready and so because I don't treat women like you do I said I would wait until she was ready" he said the last bit smiling at me.

"and just what do you mean by that" Sam said

"you know exactly what I mean" Austin replied in an icy voice

Austin then gripped my hand and turned around and we were about to walk off when Sam said something that made Austin stop in his tracks.

"doesn't it annoy you that I've had sex with you're wife and you haven't"

The whole room was silent and before sam could react Austin's fist flew into his jaw and knocking him on the floor. As fast as Sam fell, he was back up and hurtling towards Austin and me.

Austin pushed me out of the way and took the full force of Sams weight and they both went flying backwards into the wall.

"NO" I screamed as I ran forward only to be held back by Lilly.

There was nothing I could do as I watched my husband and Sam throw multiple punches at each other. Suddenly I noticed Sams fingers elongating along with his legs and arms. Oh no. He's shifting.

Sam transformed into his wolf and was practically on top of Austin. Clawing at his face. I was screaming for Lilly to let me go but she wouldent.

"AUSTIN" I yelled

Suddenly Austin managed to get away from Sam and in a blur austin picked up Sam's giant wolf and threw him across the room.

Sam let out a yelp but was soon charging for Austin again and slamming them both into the wall. Again.

Before things could get any worse some other vampires and werewolves intervened and tried to pry Sam and Austin off each other. Sam was dragged away to the right of the room where all the werewolves had congregated as Austin made his way over to the left side of the room where all the vampires had done the same.

I rushed over to Austin

"Austin, are you ok" I said "what the hell did you do that for"

I realised my first question was stupid seen as he was a vampire but I wanted to know.

"I'm fine" he said as he wrapped his arms around me. The claw marks on his face were all ready fading bit his glare never left the other side of the room. I followed his glare and saw that Sam was now back in human form and my father was staring at me.

"this bloody treat is never going to work" my father said "c'mon Danielle were going back to the pack"

I froze next to Austin.

"no" I said, knowing full well he could hear me.

"what" he asked

"I SAID NO" I yelled back "these few days I've been with Austin have been better and happier than me whole life living with you with the abuse and all" I said " and you know expect me to willingly back to the pack with you "

His cold eyes stared directly at me as he smirked

"I never said you had to go willingly " he said.

With his unspoken command three werewolf males came forward towards me.

They were a couple of meters away from me when suddenly Austin put his arm around my shoulders " touch her and you will regret it"

They all stopped. Unsure of what to do. Jake came forward and looked Austin straight on the eye.

"listen to me, she is my daughter to do what i want with she is my property and i will get her back"

"no" Austin said "she may have been you're property, but that was before you married her off to me, now she is no ones property because I refuse to say I own her like she is an object.

"I ......"

Jake was about to speak but Austin cut him off

"I don't want to hear you're opinion jake. Danielle is not going back to the pack so you can just lend her out to whoever impresses you. She is coming with me. Back to our home where I can treat her how she deserved to be treat, with love.

"you love me" I said

Both jake and Austin looked at me

"yes Danielle, I've loved you since you practically fell into my life through my bathroom door"

I laughed as he wrapped me in his arms "Austin.......I love you too"

"HA" Jake spat "you two can't love each other. It's impossible. You are a vampire and werewolf "

"just watch us " I said

"c'mon we're going home" austin said as he extended his arm like he had earlier in the evening.

"shall we"

"oh no you're not" jake said as he lunged forward to me but Austin simply lifted me out of the way and carried on walking.

The rest of the vampires made it impossible to get to me so jake just stayed back as we left but as we left the room jake had one final say in the matter

"YOU BITCH, I WILL GET YOU BACK"

But I was too happy to listen. I didn't care. I was loved and I loved in return.