Saying Goodbye and Hello

"Ashley? You awake?" I sat up and looked around. It was Luke.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"I have to leave early."

"Why?"

"Our manager wants us to come back and work on some stuff."

"Oh, ok. I get it."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine. Go."

"Ashley, I know you're sad. This wasn't my choice."

"I know. Please just go before I start crying." I laughed. He smiled and kissed me. He turned around and started walking out. He turned around and walked back over.

"Luke?" I said looking at my lap.

"Yeah?"

"I used to have a boyfriend in my foster home. He was my first boyfriend. He got adopted and I didn't. I can't handle long distance relationships. I'm sorry. But we can't do this." His smile never left his face. I was confused.

"Ashley, I knew you were going to do this. Look, I like you. And you don't like me," My eyes widened and I stared up at him, I was shocked at what he said. "You have a crush on me. You like the thought of being with me. You like me as a friend. But you don't like me as a boyfriend. You still love Derick." I looked down at my lap again. He was right.

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I have to go. You have my number, call me. I'll miss you. You can count on me coming back to visit." I smiled.

"Ok. See you again. I'll call you soon." I waved. I got up with him and walked over to all the other boys. I walked up to Ashton and hugged him. I gave a hug to Mikey and another to Luke. Finally I got to Calum, I gave him a hug and he whispered in my ear.

"You and Luke are still ok?"

"We broke up. I can't handle long distance."

"I get it." I pulled back and gave them all another hug, I didn't want them to go.

"Are you sure you guys have to go."

"Yeah Ashley, we have to go." Luke smiled.

"Nah, you can go Luke. I mean these boys." I joked. I walked over to Calum, Ashton, and Mikey. I put my arms around Mikey and Ashton.

"Told you I'm her favorite Luke!" Mikey yelled. I laughed.

"Yeah Luke!" I hollered back.

"Let's go boys!" Some one yelled from outside. I gave them all another hug and waved goodbye.

"Luke send me their numbers! I'll call you guys! Bye!" I screamed as they got in a car. My smile quickly went to a frown as the car drove away. I turned around and closed the door. I immediately started thinking about Derick. Niall walked over to me and smiled, I smiled back.

"Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever dated someone and broke up with them. But still loved them?" He looked shocked.

"Yeah, I have. Honey, if you still like Derick tell him."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"He'll hate me."

"No he won't."

"I just- I guess I- Niall I'm so confused." I walked over to him and buried my face in his chest.