Its About Time

Niall and I drove behind Liam, Louis, and Zayn closely the whole way there. I was not going to lose them to traffic. By the way things were going, I had a feeling Veronica would be with me again soon. However, I was kind of nervous due to the fact that we had no plan to rescue her. I guess winging it was all right too. Hopefully.

We parked in a nearby deserted parking lot a few feet away from the house Knox was keeping Veronica in and all joined each other in a circle. Louis was the first to speak. "Okay, lads. Here's what we do."

He gestured to each one of us before telling us where to go and what to do. "Liam, Zayn, and I will distract Knox while Harry and Niall get Veronica."

"And how are we going to distract him?" Zayn asked with his arms crossed over his chest. The sleeve of his shirt rose a little, revealing numerous, detailed tattoos.

Louis' expression was neutral. "We'll think of something. Come on."

I watched as the three of them went inside the house, looking over their shoulders discretely. Niall and I snuck behind bushes behind the house. There was a tiny window on the right side, so Niall decided to peek inside. His eyes widened in surprise. "You'll want to see this, Harry."

I knew what he saw even before I looked. Veronica sat on the bed, hunched over with her face in her hands. Her perfect hair was ruffled and matted. She looked exhausted, destroyed. I pulled away from the window, clutching at my chest. I needed to get her out of there now.

I wanted to break the window open, but I decided against it when I saw Knox enter the room. His blonde hair was spiked and styled and he wore a proud expression on his all too polished face. My jaw clenched as I watched him make his way over to Veronica who was looking up now. Her face was surprisingly clear of any tears.

Knox grabbed her, shoving her against the wall, pinning her arms above her head. Everything in me wanted to jump into the room right then, but I knew I couldn't without someone getting hurt. Niall grasped my shoulder in comfort. He leaned closer towards her and her eyes squeezed shut. She tried moving away, but it was futile. I came to the conclusion that he was trying to kiss Veronica.

Just when I thought things were taking a turn for the worse, a knock sound at the door and Knox answered it. Thankfully, it was Louis. They talked for a moment. Then, Knox turned to Veronica before leaving. I couldn't make out the words he said.

Everyone was gone now. And I took action.

Veronica's POV

I sat on the bed, bent over, trying to gather my thoughts. Nothing seemed possible though. This all seemed so unreal. Everything Knox did was so unpredictable that I didn't even know what to think would happen to me. Was he serious about the marriage thing?

I wanted to get out of here more than anything. I had been here a total of two days with nothing to eat. It's not I could have eaten anything anyway, but I would've tried. For the babies.

The door opened and I looked up to see just whom I was thinking about. Knox looked freshly trimmed and clean. "Since we're getting married. We need to make this whole thing official."

Official? What was he talking about? I was yanked up sharply and pushed against the wall. My hands were pinned above my head. I couldn't move one inch.

"I'm going to kiss you, and you're going to like it," he smirked, licking his pink lips in a mischievous manner. I was repulsed.

Knox leaned forward, eyes closed, lips puckered. I shut my eyes, trying to move my head away from his, but it was no use. My heart was beating so fiercely that I thought it was going to jump out of my chest.

Before anything could happen, a knock sounded at the door. Knox sighed in irritation, releasing me, and going to answer the door. Louis was the culprit, looking extremely serious.

"Can I help you?" Knox asked, tilting his head a little.

Louis nodded. "Yes. It seems we have a problem."

Knox straightened up, eyes widening, gaze fixed on Louis. "What kind of problem."

"I'll have to show you."

Knox sighed again and turned to me. He winked, adding a sensual grin. "I'll be back, baby. Keep those pretty little lips of yours puckered."

I wanted to smack that smirk right off his smug face, but fought against it. They both left and I sunk to the floor, exhaling loudly. The next thing I knew, I saw someone climbing through my window. My first thought was that I was getting kidnapped again, but then I saw those curly brown locks and I instantly knew. Harry had come for me.

I rushed over to him and Niall peeped his head in. I saw that they had somehow removed the whole window, even the frame. Harry and I embraced in the biggest hug ever. I pulled away just enough to allow me to speak.

"It's about time," I whispered.

Smiling, he covered my face in numerous, sweet kisses. I could do nothing but soak all the affection up.

"Are you okay, baby? Did he hurt you? Or the babies?" Harry finally asked, searching my face and body for any damage that might've been done.

I smiled and shook my head. "No. He only tried to kiss me. That's it. We're all fine."

I was enveloped in another warm hug. "Let's get you back home."

Harry lifted me up and I climbed out the window carefully with the aid of Niall. Soon, we were all safely outside and I couldn't be more happier. Harry took my hand and we walked/ran to his car several feet away. I looked over my shoulder to make sure Knox hadn't followed us and sure enough, he was nowhere to be seen.

We all climbed into the car quickly and Harry sped away, leaving a trail of dust behind us. But then something popped into my mind. A terrifying thought.

Knox would soon find out that I was gone. He would be outraged. I wasn't safe. And most likely, hewould come back for me.