All those things he couldnt say

This was at least the tenth store we had shopped at. Ava and Laney were right when they said we would shop until we dropped, cause that's how I was feeling right now. However, my energetic and peppy best friends were still in high spirits and not in the least bit exhausted. I sulked behind them as they went straight for the dresses with a skip in their step.

I watched as their shopping bags flopped in every direction. It seemed like they had five on each arm and I had nothing, as usual. These shopping trips always ended like this, with Ava and Laney loaded down with new things and me with nothing.

As they rummaged through the colorful fabrics and dainty silks that were the dresses, I gazed casually. Not once did my friends pull out a dress for me to try on like they did with each other. I was but a mere straggler.

My eyes traveled the dresses and surprisingly, I spotted one that I loved. I took it off the rack, absorbing its beauty. It was the color of Cinderella's dress and not to mention strapless. The length in the back was longer than it was in the front, but that made it look even more majestic. I knew that if I tried it on, it would make me feel like a princess. Just like Cinderella.

I closed my eyes and imagined Jett asking me to the dance. I imagined us dancing together with me wearing this exact dress, feeling beautiful. But I knew that I could only imagine this because it would never happen in real life, only in my dreams.

"That's a beautiful dress."

My daydream was interrupted by an accented voice. Averting my gaze, I glanced to my right to find a boy standing beside me. He was smiling lightly, looking from me, back to the dress. The boy was cute with his luscious looking brown curls and mesmerizing green eyes. I couldn't help but stare.

Feeling a little jumbled, I looked at the dress again, rubbing the fabric between my fingers. "Yeah," I said in almost a whisper, "it is."

"It brings out your eye color," he spoke again. This time I recognized a British accent. He was definitely far away from home.

I managed a half smile and looked at him again. "Thanks." I couldn't bring myself to say another word. This boy was being too nice to me.

"You should buy it."

He just kept staring at me. I huffed a small laugh. "Yeah, but I'm gonna have to pass this time."

I hung the dress back on the rack gently, staring at it one last time before joining my friends again.

"That's too bad. It would've looked beautiful on you."

He brushed my hand gently with his. I blushed, but didn't turn around to face the boy. I'm sure my friends wanted my opinion on their dresses and that's exactly what I was going to do.

My eyes shot open, remembering that exact day. I couldn't believe I didn't recognize Harry before. He was the one who had given me all of those extremely nice compliments and I had walked away from him, oblivious to his plans.

He was lying in the bed beside me, fast asleep and snoring quietly. It was the middle of the day and we had decided to take a nap. Being the person I was, I had developed a plan earlier to try and escape. Harry had been leaving the door unlocked a lot lately, so I took this as a chance to slip out of the bed and head for the front door. This time I was ready and had a pair of tennis shoes unlaced and ready. I tied them quickly and quietly opened the door.

Stepping outside, I felt a rush of air hit me. There was no looking back now. I needed to return home no matter what I felt for Harry. He was my crazy kidnapper. I didn't need him. I needed my dad and best friends even if they did use me to make them feel better about themselves.

I ran down the sidewalk, turning a sharp corner. This time, I wouldn't be caught by Harry. There was no one to be seen on the streets or outside the houses. It was like a deserted town. Shaking this thought off, I continued to run and spotted a gas station ahead. A wave of relief flooded me, so I ran in its direction.

When I entered the store, there was no one at the register, but someone was in there. And that someone was Niall. As if on cue, I heard my name being screamed from a distance. It was Harry.

I ducked between the shelves and made my way past Niall. He didn't try to stop me either. I clapped my hands together and pleaded with him to help me, mouthing the word, "please."

He blinked a couple of times and turned to the front of the store. That's when I heard the door open and someone come barging in. Tears streamed down my face in floods as the fear overcame me.

"Niall," Harry spoke breathlessly. I could tell that he had been running too. "Veronica, she took off. Have you seen her?"

Before he could answer, I went into the bathroom for a hiding spot. I curled into a ball on the floor, rocking back and forth. I could only hope Niall wouldn't give me away. I just wanted to go home.

It seemed like I sat there for hours when Niall came in. His expression was neutral, so I couldn't tell what had happened out there. "He's gone. I sent him in the opposite direction."

I exhaled deeply, feeling the biggest relief I had ever felt in my life. Placing my hands on the floor, I hoisted myself from the floor. I practically ran to Niall and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

The tears continued to flow freely and they just wouldn't stop. Niall rubbed my back soothingly, trying to calm me. "Come. I'll take you to my house so you can rest. We'll talk about getting you home tomorrow."

I followed Niall like a lost puppy dog. He had actually helped me. I might never see Harry again. And I might actually get home. For the first time, I was free. Free from Harry. Free from everything. I had finally done it.

I had finally escaped.