an old fame burns out

We stopped at a gas station before heading back to the airport. Harry needed to use the restroom and I wanted something to snack on for my nerves and stress. Food was one of my best friends during the bad times.

As I looked up each aisle carefully, I didn’t pay attention to my surroundings and I bumped into something hard. Turning to face the culprit, my eyes lit with intense surprise. Jett Grayson stood before me in all of his rugged glory. Although, he looked a little different since the last time I saw him. His sleek black hair was disheveled and had that, just-got-out-of-bed look and his bright blue eyes were enough to pierce right through me.

I looked at him and he glared back, seeming a little startled. I didn’t notice one spark of recognition in his eyes.

Jett cleared his throat before speaking. “I’m sorry, miss.”

Miss? Did he really just call me miss? By the way he was staring, he really had no clue who I was. Not one bit.

Hey, Jett! It’s me, Veronica Bennett! We go to school together. I’ve had a crush on you ever since I can remember! Recognize me?

My mind chanted this, but I didn’t speak a word, which made the situation even more awkward. Then, I maneuvered around him and made a mad dash to a different aisle.

I couldn’t believe he didn’t recognize me. Of course, it could’ve been my new hairstyle. Or maybe he just didn’t care enough to even try.

My life sucks.

Harry sauntered out of the bathroom, smiling, and spotted me. Of course he was happy. I was going back to London with him. He was right and I was wrong.

“You ready, Princess?” He asked cheerfully, linking my arm with his.

I did my best to put on a happy face as I nodded in agreement. Harry must’ve noticed that I didn’t have a snack ready to purchase, but he spoke nothing of it. I had lost my appetite anyway.

As far as I was concerned, my old life didn’t matter to me anymore. Even though I loved my dad tremendously, he seemed happier without me. And I needed him to be happy, more than anything, so I went with Harry.

Who knows, my life with him might be better than I expected. Especially since I’m going to give him an actual chance this time.

Over the course of the plane ride, I realized some things. For one, I realized Niall brought me back to Harry because he was a loyal friend and cared deeply for him. I could reason with this because I would’ve done anything for Ava and Laney as of a couple of hours ago. But now, not so much.

Another thing I realized is how attractive Harry was. I mean, I already knew that, but I didn’t really realize it. The way his curls bounced when he moved and the way his dimples appeared in his smile melted my insides. He was picture perfect.

And the last thing I realized was that I loved Harry more than I have ever loved him right now. Some might ask, what is love? I could only tell you that love was a complex feeling that needs to be felt. Love was passionate and unexplainable. It was something you had to experience before you actually knew what it meant. And for me, love was Harry.

I honestly think that if he hadn’t of kidnapped me, I wouldn’t have found no better match for myself. We were perfect for each other. Soul mates, preferably.

I rested my head on the headrest, closing my eyes. I ran these realizations through my head multiple times until they were engrained in the contours of my brain.

“What are you thinking about?” Harry asked, interrupting me.

I slowly opened my eyes to him peering down at me lovingly. I smiled to reciprocate his emotion. “Us,” I confessed, teasingly.

He raised an eyebrow. “Us? What about us?” Harry adjusted his sitting position so that he was now facing me.

I reached out and stroked his face gently, admiring the shining green swirling in his eyes. “About how much I think we’re perfect for each other.”

Harry looked astonished by this just as much as he looked touched. Just to make the moment even better, I leaned in and placed a soft, simple kiss on his lips.

Pulling away, his eyes were still closed, so I closed mine and relaxed in my chair. We joined hands and he squeezed lightly, letting me know of his presence.

Nothing else was said.

Harry’s POV

It was dark on the plane. There were some eerie glows coming from some seats where people were on their phones. Most people were asleep, though, some snoring quietly. Veronica was one of those people.

She looked peaceful while she slept, almost like an angel. No words could explain how ecstatic I was that she had finally given me a chance. However, it had pained me to see her hurt about her dad. But it had to be done. She needed to know the truth. The truth I had been witnessing since I had started watching her.

While we were at the gas station, I knew that Veronica had had a run in with Jett. It was apparent, the way it was written all over her facial features. I was glad she was mine now, and not his.

I hated Jett Grayson. He was nothing but a pig-headed jock. And, what Veronica didn’t know was that Laney was having an affair with Jett on the side while Veronica still crushed on him in hopes of him noticing her.

Honestly, how could he not? Veronica was beautiful. Perfect even. The way her blonde hair graced her round face was so wonderful. Her blue eyes were like two pools of cerulean color.

My heart fluttered with anticipation. I couldn’t wait to get her home again, so we could be together. To kiss her, to touch her, was pure ecstasy.

I glanced at her one more time and placed a light kiss on the edge of her jawbone.

“I’ll always love you,” I whispered and she fidgeted. “No matter what.”

------

When does ur school start?. i have already begun  weeks ago and i am already getting 4 exams next week, ugh