To The Rescue

Just when I thought this was the end, the door busted open, illuminating the dark closet I was currently being trapped in. My eyes shot to the light and I saw Harry standing there, eyes filled with rage and fists clenched.

Immediate relief filled me, making my heart palpitate, but start to slow in rhythm. It was a major rush and I felt lightheaded. Knox’s hand was dropped from my hand and his weight was lifted off of me. Harry pushed him against the wall, fist raised to deliver a blow while his other hand was clenching his t-shirt. While this was going on, I slid to the floor, feeling majorly weak and nauseous.

“I thought I told you to keep your hands off my girlfriend,” Harry growled through clenched teeth. “Do you have a death wish?”

I was too dazed for his words to frighten me. I was just glad to have Knox away from me and Harry here.

Knox emitted a cocky laugh, in turn making me cringe. “You wouldn’t kill me.”

“Try me,” Harry said, breathing heavily.

Knox was released and pushed out of closet into the light. I stayed on the ground as he winked at me one last time before leaving the ice cream parlor. Harry almost lunged at him, but he changed his mind at the last minute and turned to me, looking contrite.

He rushed to my side, lifting me up gently. “Are you hurt, Princess?”

He spoke softly to me, which was calming and soothing. I shook my head no and looked away from him, afraid that I might cry. I had been through more things in these past months than I had ever in my life.

Harry didn’t press me further, but instead put my arm around his neck and walked me out of the shop. I was led to his car and easily placed inside, seatbelt buckled. He drove us home in silence, which I was glad for.

“I can’t believe that guy,” Harry said sternly as we entered the house. He then turned me to him and looked into my eyes. “See. I told you, you were beautiful. That freak must’ve thought so too, otherwise he wouldn’t have been all over you.”

I smiled slightly, his comment somehow making me feel a little better. Feeling grateful that Harry saved me, I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him with all of the strength I could muster. “I love you.”

“I love you too. So much,” Harry hugged back, rubbing my back gently.

Suddenly, I felt an overwhelming urge develop in my lower regions. It was odd because I had never felt something like that before. As if on instinct, I pulled away from Harry and lifted my hand to his face, gingerly touching his cheek. I leaned forward, pressing my lips to his.

This kiss was romantic and sweet, but it soon became heated, what with my pushing. I found it odd that I was the one who started this. We slowly drifted towards Harry’s room, our lips never parting. As he pushed me up against the wall, he lifted the hem of my shirt and began to gently rub the area of skin. A line of goose bumps followed.

It was like time had sped up when Harry had finally rid himself of his shirt. I slowly began to lift mine when he grabbed my hand, halting the process. “Are you sure about this?”

He sounded concerned. His bright green eyes searched me for any sign of doubt or uncertainty, but he would never find it because I wanted this. So, of course, I nodded.

Harry lifted my shirt instead of me this time. It was a romantic gesture, I thought. Now, I was shirtless and exposed to Harry. Never had I been this intimate with him before. He had only seen me in a bikini, but that was it.

I was pushed against the wall harder, my back meeting the cold paint. Harry began to leave a trail of kisses from my lips to my collarbones, all the while rubbing my bare skin. His touch was soft and gentle, almost euphoric.

“We’ll take this nice and slow. Okay, baby?”

I nodded shyly, biting my lip, now for certain knowing that I wanted him. Harry slowly unzipped his pants and they fell to the floor. Stepping out of them, he kicked them to the side, only to join our lips together once more. His hands dropped from my waist to the zipper of my pants. I gasped, eyes opening, as they were brought down my legs.

“Shh. It’s okay, baby.” As he said this, his nose rubbed against mine.

Harry’s eyes surveyed my body and he smiled, looking directly into my eyes, pushing a strand of hair away. “You’re so beautiful.”

I know I had never disagreed with him before when I was graced with such a comment, but this time I raised a finger to protest. Before I could say anything, Harry kissed me quickly, causing me disorientation.

“If only you could see what I see.”

Who knew what he saw in me, Veronica Bennett. We were about the have sex and I couldn’t find one reason why he thought I was attractive. Back at home, I had no social life, with the exception of Ava and Laney, and I was extremely smart. Nobody likes a nerd. Especially boys.

Harry kissed me again, knocking the thoughts from my head. He could do that to me. Whenever I was down, he could always do something to cheer me up or make me forget.

His hand wandered up my body, reaching the latch of my bra. My breath hitched in my throat and I whimpered once he started fidgeting with it.

“We can stop if you want. I won’t push you again.” He looked sincere and I believed him.

“No,” I started, stuttering. “I-I’m just scared.” I spoke the truth. It was like all the confidence I had before had completely disappeared, leaving me with nothing but a shred.

“I’ll be gentle. I promise. There’s nothing to be afraid of.”

I gulped, nodding. Harry kissed me lightly and dipped his head to my neck. I closed my eyes, falling into sync with his movements.

I felt happy.

I felt loved.

All from the one person who cared about me the most. And that was all that mattered.