Too much information

Another week passed.

And that was when the brutal and harsh reality finally registered in my all too hopeful brain.

I could never leave. Harry would make sure of it.

That realization mocked me day and night. It clawed at my last shred of sanity and it seemed as though I had given up. Harry stayed quiet, as if to avoid my depressed looks when we passed each other, but I could tell he wanted to comfort me.

“Veronica.” His all too familiar voice sounded through the door as he opened it.

My heart began to gallop in my chest when the sound of his footsteps found their way to the edge of my bed.

“Come. Breakfast is served,” Harry smiled, rubbing my arm lightly. The slightest touch from him sent waves of electricity throughout my body. This had been happening a lot lately. I was cursing myself silently for my body betraying itself.

When I didn’t respond, Harry folded the blanket back and I didn’t protest. He looked at me with an intense gaze, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. Then, in one sudden, playful movement, his knees were on either side of me and his hands were beside my head. My eyes widened at the smirk that was now plastered on his lips. A part of me wanted to slap that sly grin off his face while the other wanted to explore deeper… see what was behind that beautiful smile.

Whoa, did I really just think that? Get a hold of yourself Veronica!

Harry leaned forward and I felt his warm lips touch the skin of my neck. From there, he left a trail of sweet kisses to my cheek, planting a final one on my lips. “Did you sleep well, my love?” He asked soothingly.

I shivered from his hot breath fanning over my cheek. It was almost… pleasurable.

Reality then smacked me in the face and I pushed away from Harry, quickly rolling out from under him when I had the chance. I darted to my closet and pulled out some clothes and headed for the bathroom.

As I looked at myself in the mirror, I wondered of the many things Harry knew about me. He seemed to know a lot when it came to my favorites. But did he know the little things?

Once ready and dressed, I came out to the wonderful smells of something sweet. I inhaled deeply, taking in the delicious scent.

“It’s French toast,” Harry said, plating his concoction.

I didn’t say anything, but watched as he placed an assortment of berries on the side of the dish. The whole thing looked absolutely amazing.

It took me minutes to devour every morsel of the tasty dish, even the crumbs I had to pick from my porcelain plate.

“Hungry were we?” Harry asked, smiling as he finished off his meal, too.

I cleared my throat, bracing myself for the question I was about to ask instead of answering his. “How much do you know about me, exactly?”

Harry raised an eyebrow as if taken off guard by my question. On the bright side, he didn’t look angry. He even put our plates in the stainless steel sink before he fully decided to confess his knowledge.

“I know you wanted to be a lawyer,” he spoke with such confidence. His voice never faltered as he continued.

This was actually true. I’ve wanted to be a lawyer ever since I saw the move, A Time to Kill. Matthew McConaughey’s speech at the end filled me with inspiration.

“I know that your dad is a prestigious neurologist.”

Just the thought of him blurred my eyes with tears. Dad was also a huge inspiration to me. He was proud of me no matter what I accomplished.

“I know that you’re insecure and you want someone to love you. Someone who tells you you’re beautiful everyday. Someone who’ll do anything for you no matter the cost.”

By now, Harry had led me to the couch. We were sitting there quietly, me listening to him while he had leaned closer to my ear.

“And I want you to know that I can do all of those things for you, Veronica. And more.”

I turned to him and placed my hand on his cheek. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever until I leaned in and kissed him. Yeah, I kissed him. Full on the lips.

It was a gentle kiss, sweet and tender. Harry seemed surprised by this because when we pulled away, his eyes were a little wide, but he smashed his lips to mine again. This kiss packed a punch. I gave in and let all of my emotions flow out. The moment was… perfect.

“I know you can, Harry.”

And with those words, I rose from the couch and returned to my room, preparing myself to cry my hardest.

The next day, it was raining. Hard. Not your average shower, but sheets of pouring water. I sat on the couch, curled up with my head resting on Harry’s chest and a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. He was flipping through the TV channels when one in particular caught my eye.

“Go back!” I jumped, placing my hand on Harry’s shoulder. He looked at me in confusion, but did as I said.

What I saw on the screen was enough to make me breakdown. It was my dad, tears streaming down his face. Some news personnel was interviewing him about my kidnapping. The banner below read:

Seventeen-year-old Veronica Bennett still missing after two weeks.

My breath hitched in my throat as I re-read the words over and over again. Harry shifted uncomfortably beside me. I was afraid that he would turn the channel, but he didn’t.

“Would you like to say anything else?” The interviewer asked, holding the microphone to Dad’s quivering mouth. It was heartbreaking.

“I-I would just like to say that,” he looked dead into the camera, all emotion erasing from him. I could tell that he wanted to let my kidnapper have it, but he had to stay calm for TV reasons. “Please. Whoever has my daughter, just bring her back. Please.”

It had been a while since I heard my dad’s voice. I missed him so much, and I would never see him again.

“Thank you, Dr. Bennett. Now, we’ll talk to the victims friends, Ava Channing and Laney Marx.”

The camera showed my two gorgeous friends. Their faces were also wet with tears, but yet not stained from mascara. Waterproof, I assumed. They were always ready for any occasion. I smiled at this thought.

“We miss you, Ronnie!” They both yelled in unison. “Come home safely!”

Laney then began to speak by herself. “As to your kidnapper, fuc-“

The sound cut off and turned back to the newswoman. She was all smiles.

“If anyone has any information on the disappearance of Miss Veronica Bennett, please let us know.”

The program cut to a commercial and I sat there, feeling numb.

“I shouldn’t have let you watch that,” Harry cleared his throat.

I had moved to the opposite side of the couch now, swirling my chocolate ice cream with the white chocolate chunks. It no longer seemed appetizing, so I sat it on the nearby table.

My life was ruined and I could do nothing about it.

“If you let me go,” I looked at Harry with seriousness, “I’ll lie about you. I’ll say some older man kidnapped me and I managed to escape.”

“What are you saying?” He looked hurt by my words, taken aback.

“You heard me,” I spoke firmly.

Harry’s jaw clenched, making him look angry. “We are not talking about this.”

“You know, if you really loved me, you’d let me go.”

This seemed to push Harry off the deep end because he rose from his seat and towered over my position on the couch. I cowered in fear as he pulled me up roughly by my wrists.

“Are you implying that I don’t love you?” He asked. His eyes were dark and menacing.

“N-no. I-“

“Because what man would go to such lengths as to kidnap the girl of his dreams? Not many.” This time, he was in my face. I could feel his breath on my neck.

“That alone is enough to express my love for you. In fact, you should be flattered.”

I was let go and I dropped to the couch. A small whimper was all that escaped my throat.

For once, I was at a loss for words.

-------------------------------------------

Elooo! today i slept late, yikes new record  4pm