Just Like Before

I woke up with a pounding headache. My vision was blurry and it was all I could do to try and keep the bile from rising in my throat. It was just like before when Harry had kidnapped me. Except something was different. I tried to sit up in the bed I was in, but I couldn’t. My hands were securely tied to the bedposts with thick, scratchy rope. It was so tight that it hurt to fidget. Luckily, my feet weren’t tied

Tears started to blur my vision. “No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no,” I cried over and over again. I hated not knowing what was going to happen to me.

I tried to pull myself free, but it was so painful to try. My whole body trembled with fear. Then, I remembered the tiny babies I was carrying in my stomach. I feared for them too. If anything were to happen to me, I would want my babies to be safe. Harry probably thought I had run again and he might never find me. Somehow, he would have to try.

My heavy breathing filled the silent room and soon, so did the jingling of keys. I stiffened, trying to lie as still as possible when the door opened. A boy stepped inside, but he wasn’t one of the two from before. This one had a buzz cut and brown eyes and a weirdly shaped birthmark on his neck. I stared at him until he made his way over to my bed. I could only hope this wouldn’t be like the Harry situation.

Suddenly, he pulled a knife from his pocket. I gasped in horror. He wasn’t going to kill me was he? “P-please,” I begged.

The boy looked unfazed by my plead. “Calm down. I’m not going to kill you. I’m just going to cut these ropes.”

My eyes squeezed shut as he sawed the ropes off. Immediate relief soon filled me and I rubbed my red-rimmed wrists. They were a little raw. I watched as the boy put his knife away and turned back to me.

“The boss will be in in a bit. In the meantime, I’m Liam,” he smiled slightly.

I looked at him, raising an eyebrow in confusion. What was with this guy? “W-why am I here?”

It seemed like everything I said came out as a stuttering mess. Before he could answer me, the door opened again, revealing the boy who drugged me before.

“Come, Liam. Knox is back,” he sounded serious. He never looked at me.

Liam nodded and went with the mysterious boy, leaving me alone again. A name he had spoken caught my attention. Knox was behind this? Was he the one who had kidnapped me? Hundreds of questions ran through my head over and over again. Just when I thought my mind was going to overload, the door opened again. There stood Knox with Liam and the two boys from before behind him.

“Hello, Sky,” he said, voice filled with evil. I noticed that he used my name I had given him at the park. “Or should I say, Veronica?”

I gulped, swallowing the hard lump in my throat. How had he learned my real name? It must’ve been back at the ice cream parlor. I grasped the edges of the bed as they all stepped inside, closing the door behind them. What was with this guy? And why had he taken me? I must attract the crazies a lot.

“Cat got your tongue, love?” He asked.

I didn’t bother to answer. “Why did you take me?” My voice was low, almost hoarse sounding.

He laughed, as if we were having a casual conversation. “Whoa. Slow down, baby. We’ll get to that in a moment.”

I cringed at his use of ‘baby.’ It almost made the bile in my throat come up again. He gestured behind him and the three boys stepped forward, hands held behind their backs.

“How about a nice introduction, hmm?” Knox pointed to the boy standing on the farthest to his left. “This is Zayn.” Then he pointed to the boy who had drugged me. “This is Louis,” he patted him on the back. And finally he introduced Liam. To be honest, they all looked too nice to be involved with scum like Knox.

Knox stepped forward, edging his way closer to me. “Now, as for why you’re here,” he cleared his throat then turned his head back to Liam, Louis, and Zayn. “Boys, give us a moment please.”

They all nodded and left. I wanted to scream for them to stay, but I knew better than to do anything even remotely close to that. I was now left alone with Knox. He lowered his self onto his knees so that we were level.

“You’re here because I want you,” he confessed calmly, expression unwavering. “And when I heard about your kidnapping/runaway situation, I knew it was the perfect time to take you. Because pretty boy won’t be able to go to the police. If he does, he’ll either be arrested or they won’t believe him.”

He looked pleased with his reason. I, on the other hand, was appalled. But I knew he was right. I might never be reunited with Harry ever again. With my jaw lowered, Knox stood again, placing a light kiss on my cheek. “I’ll be back, baby.”

“Don’t call me, baby,” I demanded, looking into his eyes.

His lips curved into a tantalizing grin. “Oh, I can. And I will.”

Harry’s POV

My first thought was that she had run away. I looked around, but Veronica was nowhere to be seen. But then I thought for a second. She loved me right? She wouldn’t run away. We were having babies. In fact, she couldn’t leave me. I started to worry, what with the many possibilities running through my mind. Pulling out my phone, I dialed Niall’s number.

“Hullo,” he spoke. He sounded like his mouth was full of something, probably food.

“Niall,” I said in a hurried tone, “something’s happened to Veronica. I can’t find her.”

He sighed, and I thought I heard him swallow. “You don’t think that maybe she ran away, man?”

His question upset me deeply. “No,” I said harshly, “she wouldn’t. Not now.”

Another sigh, “Okay. I’ll be over at your place in ten.”

We both ended the call and I quickly drove myself home. It was all I could do to not run the red lights that were stopping me from getting there. When I pulled in, Niall was waiting for me outside.

“Got any idea where she might be?” Niall asked as I unlocked the door. We stepped inside.

I shrugged. “I’ve got no clue, but,” I paused, looking into his light blue eyes. “I think someone took her.”

--

i gave alotta updates. bye. please vote nd check out my other books please.