This Thing We Have Between Us

FranciscoRamon was not the type of man to let his pain show on the outside. Hekept it in, kept it hidden from view so that nobody would know aboutit, because pain was a weakness and he would never let anyone see himas being weak. That being said, it was incredibly difficult to hidepain when it radiated down your spine like molten aluminum with everymovement, which is exactly what he was feeling right now.

OneHour Earlier...

"You'relate," Francisco said, a hint of annoyance in his voice as the pairapproached him where he stood, leaning against the brick wall of acrummy apartment complex.

"Whoops,"one of them replied in an icy voice, a woman with pale white skin andhair, blue lips fixed in a sneer, "what are you gonna do? Tell onus?"

"Perhaps,"Francisco replied, pushing away from the wall, "or maybe I'll justsee how long it takes to vibrate your frozen heart into a pile ofsnow, which do you think be more fun Frost?"

"Easythere Reverb," Deathstorm said warningly, "that's my girl you'retalking to,"

"Thenmaybe you and her ought to invest in some watches, hmn?" Franciscosnapped back, "anyway enough talk, we have a job to do,"

Theone called Frost clicked her tongue, "Somebody is cranky tonightaren't they?" she asked in a simpering voice.

Atthis Deathstorm joined in, "What's wrong man, your feisty ladyfriend give you the cut off?"

Franciscoglared at the pair of them but said nothing, this only egging Froston, "Lady friend huh? And how much did she cost?"

Franciscococked his head as he looked at her, "More than your frigid cuntwould ever be worth, that's for sure," he replied, Frost gasping athim indignantly "now if you two could focus on the task at hand,I'm sure Zoom would appreciate it,"

"Whyyou-" Frost growled, steam billowing from her hands as she producedtwo sharply tipped icicles in them, but Deathstorm stood between herand Francisco before she could strike.

"He'sright babe, we have work to do," he told her authoritatively, towhich she grumbled but retracted the icicles none the less.

"Now,you're both aware of our mission tonight, correct?" Franciscoasked.

"Getin here and collect the money that idiot Barson thought he couldsteal from Zoom, yeah we know what we're doing," Deathstormreplied, "so lets get to it,"

"Agreed,"Francisco lead the way into the building, up two flights of stairsand down the poorly lit hallway to the door to the man's apartment,"show time," he said, and with a flick of his wrist a blast ofvibration shot from his hand, knocking the door right off it's hingesand into the apartment sitting room. "Nathaniel Barson, we'd liketo have a word," he smiled viciously at the man in question, hisscruffy form cowering on the other side of his coffee table.