When You Love Someone But it Goes to Waste

Earth 2 One Year Previous...

"Twenty seven minutes late," Amaryllis Warren announced asFrancisco came jogging towards her, his brown suit jacket unbuttonedand flapping behind him.

"I know I'm sorry!" he apologized as he slowed to a stop beforeher, slightly out of breath he held up a little basket filled withfood, "I brought snacks though!" he smiled at her.

Amaryllis shook her head and smiled in return, "Fine I forgiveyou," she said, "but only if you tell me why on earth we're outin this part of the city at this time of night," she gesturedaround at the dimly lit street, "I thought you wanted to see theaccelerator being turned on,"

"I do," Francisco confirmed, "and we will, just not at StarLabs," he smiled straightening his jacket before offering her anarm, "I have a surprise for you my red pearl, just follow me,"

Amaryllis took his offered arm, giggling at his pet name, "You knowmost men don't focus on the fact that I share the same name as aflower when sweet talking me," she said as they began walking,"you've set an awfully high standard you know, I'm probably nevergoing to find a man who lives up to it,"

Francisco grinned, "Perhaps that's the plan..." he teased beforeboth of them laughed. But as he laughed with her, he felt thebutterflies in his stomach fluttering, and his mouth suddenly went alittle dry at the knowledge of what he planned to do tonight. He hadfound a spot behind Star Labs while out one day, where when the sunwent down and the lab's inner lights came on you could see inside allthe incredible equipment the scientists used, almost like looking inon a shop window at Christmas time. He knew to anyone else it wouldjust be like looking in any ordinary window, but he and Amaryllis hada shared passion for science, and while neither one of them had beengiven the opportunity to work at Star Labs after they graduatedcollege together, they both agreed to work there would be a dreamcome true, and getting a glimpse inside was the next best thing.

"Ok from here I need you to close your eyes," He said as theystopped, Amaryllis giving him a suspicious look at his request.

"Why do I need to close my eyes?" she asked, "it's nothingscary is it?"

"No, of course not!" Francisco assured her, "I just want tosurprise you that's all,"

Amaryllis sighed, "The last time you wanted to surprise me was whenone of the little cleaning robots you built caught my dress on fire,"she pointed out, "and this is a brand new dress Francisco Ramon, Iwill not have it set ablaze!"

Francisco laughed at her, "There will be no fire involved, Ipromise!" he said putting his hands on her shoulders, "your dressis in safe hands," Amaryllis quirked an eyebrow at that andFrancisco gasped realizing how that sounded "and by that I meanyour hands, not mine!" he added quickly earning a laugh.

"Alright I trust you," Amaryllis agreed, she closed her eyes andallowed him to take her hands.

"Ok, small steps, that's it," Francisco guided her slowly towardstheir destination, a small grassy strip just on the other side ofthe massive external water tank that was part of the Lab's cleanenergy project in which they used water conduct electricity. It was abit of a struggle to get to the perfect spot, the area clearly notmeant for pedestrians, but after a few stumbles he stopped and turnedher to face the lab, "Ok now, open your eyes,"