Chapter 37

Note: Hey all, Ruby here. Sorry for the delay in this update, we have both had somethings going on in our lives at the moment, so needed a nights break. Here's my update, which I hope you will enjoy and vote and comment please :D love to you all. Ruby xx

*Kenzie POV*

‘How she doing?’ Norman asked nervously as I returned to join him and Jensen in the kitchen, after making sure Ruby was comfy on the bed.

‘She’s still out of it. She hit her head pretty hard.’ I explained as I took a sip of water. ‘Just have to keep an eye on her. There is nothing we can do to wake her up.’

‘What exactly happened?’

‘I honestly don’t know, when the walkers came out from behind the boats, one was coming up behind her, so I told her to look out, she must have just turned to quick and lost her balance.’

‘Do you think she was having another dizzy spell?’ Jensen asked. I shrugged.

‘What do you mean another dizzy spell?’ Norman said, concern in his voice.

‘Oh, this morning before we left she was in the kitchen and said she felt ill, and dizzy. We figured it was due to not eating meat. As I’ve been feeling a bit like that too.’ Jensen told him.

‘She never mentioned anything to me’

‘Norman, she didn’t think it was anything to worry about.’ He just nodded as he walked over to the door to have a smoke.

‘Are you ok anyway babe?’ Jensen asked me.

‘Yeah just Dandy. After all that effort at the boat yard, we didn’t manage to bring any fuel back.’ I sighed.

‘Hey, don’t worry. We got a few little barrels sorted. Norman and me were going to head back there in a few minutes with the pick up, so that we can load them onto the back. Will you be ok looking after Ruby?’

‘Yeah of course, just you two be carefully ok. We don’t need anybody else injured.’ He smiled at me, as he placed a small kiss on my lips.

‘You can’t get rid of me that easy, I will be back. I love you’

‘I love you to Mr sexy. Now go, sooner you get there sooner you will be back.’ He nodded and left.

I watched out of the window as both of them climbed into the blue pick-up and drove off down the little lane. When they were out of view I looked through the cupboard where we kept the medical supplies, I grabbed a couple disposable pain killers and a glass of water to put them in before going back up the stairs.

I was shocked to see Ruby sat up on the bed, her head held in her hands.

‘Hey’ I whispered as I sat down next to her ‘Drink this’

‘Thanks’ she mumbled before gulping down the water.

‘How you feeling?’ She gave me a ‘what do you think’ kind of look. ‘That bad huh’ I smiled.

‘What happened? All I remember was turning to see that walker then I just blacked out.’

‘That’s exactly what happened. You just fell to the ground, banged your head pretty hard too. Gave us all a bit of a scare.’

‘I’m sorry.’

‘Nothing to be sorry for it’s just one of those things. Today has been stressful.’ I gripped her free hand, holding it gently. ‘Just know I’m here for you hun’

‘I know. Thank you. It means a lot to me. Where did the guys drive off too?’

‘Gone to pick up some fuel. They didn’t manage to get any earlier.’ Ruby frowned again. ‘It’s not your fault, honestly.’