Chapter 33

Note: Hey all. Ruby here. Oh no, they have lost Andrew and Melissa! I hope they are alright. Hooray that they managed to get to the cabin alive. Please don't forget to comment and vote :) love Ruby xx

*Kenzie POV*

I stood on the upstairs balcony that overlooked the lush green forest. It was beautiful. I was so grateful to be out of the dark dingy confines of the city and to be able to breath in the clean fresh air. The sounds of the birds chirping and singing in the trees was like music to my ears. It was miles away from the horrible growling and groaning noises from the walkers of the past few days. This cabin was amazing, and it was even more amazing that we may be safe for a good while out here. On the journey up here, after the small town, we must have only past two small houses which were a good few miles away. It was defiantly isolated. But as Jensen said we still needed to be on our guard.

 A small giggle made me look down to the ground where I saw Norman and Ruby sharing a laugh as they brought in the last of the boxes of our supplies. Ruby noticed me and sent me a smile and small wave, which I immediately returned.  This place already felt like a family home. That’s what us four were now, not just friends or lovers, family. We each knew we would put of necks on the line for the others.

I stretched my arms out above me, I could still feel the ache in my bones from sleeping in a drunken state on the hotel room floor. Thankfully much of my hangover was gone. I reached behind my head and pulled my hair out of the pony tail it was in, letting it fall to my shoulders. I attempted to run my fingers through it but they just kept getting snagged in it.

‘What’s on your mind?’ A soft male voice said from behind me. I turned my head to look over my shoulder to see Jensen leaning against the door frame.

‘Just wondering if Andrew and Carol are ok. I hope they have managed to find some secure shelter by now’ I turned my attention back to the forest ahead. Jensen took a few steps closer and wrapped his arms around the front of my body as he stood behind me.

‘Baby, I’m sure they are fine. The camper wasn’t there when we went to look for them, which means they must have gotten away. They have the camper and each other. I mean they are the pair that have sort of gone through this before, well acting it out before. I am sure they were actually taught a few good survival skills and they can take some hints from the show.’ He brushed a few stands of my tangled hair away from my neck and placed a small kiss on the exposed area of flesh. ‘You need to try not to worry too much. With all the stress going on at the moment, you may make yourself ill.’ He was right. ‘You should relax a little’

I turned around to face him, still wrapped up in his large arms. ‘You’re right. I guess I just worry too much about everybody else sometimes. I mean they do have enough weapons to last them a while.’ He nodded. I peeled myself from his embraced and walked back into the room we would be sharing. I went over to my clothes bag and pulled out a pair of clean leggings, underwear and a purple vest top. ‘Please tell me we have hot water?’ I smiled.

‘Sure do. Come on.’ Jensen took a hold of my hand and led the way to the room next door which was the bathroom. He flicked a few buttons on the shower showing me which did what. ‘I will go find you some towels.’ He placed a soft kiss on my lips before leaving.

I peeled myself out of the clothes I was wearing. The room was slowly feeling with steam. I stepped into the large bath tub, letting the jets of water get to work soaking my body and hair. There was a bottle of strawberry shampoo and condition on a hanger next to the bath which I grabbed a hold of and started to lather in my poor hair. I left it in my hair as I washed my body, finding a brand new razor which I quickly claimed to defuzz.

‘Got your towels’ Jensen’s voice made me jump for the second time in an hour. ‘Oh shit sorry. Didn’t think you’d already be in’ I leaned back to rinse the conditioner out of my hair, finally being able to run my fingers through it. I looked through the steamed up shower guard glass to see Jensen standing there just standing staring at me. I couldn’t help the small grin that spread across my lips.