Chapter 28

Note: Nie-mo here, Darn those Walkers, getting Ruby all hurt like that, lets hope no more spring out and surprise us huh?. - Love Nie-mo

Chapter: 28

Kenzie's P.O.V:

The next morning after a quick shower to preserve as much power as possible we headed out on the supplies run. The guys tried to et us to stay, but as I pointed out we would get more ground covered if we all went. I suggested Ruby stay and rest her ankle but she was having none of that and so she came along.

'Right we all stay close to each other okay, never go out of shouting distance.' Norman said placing his Daryl bow on his shoulder before we all split up.

I hand my gun in my waste band my knife in my hand at the ready should I come across any walkers. I make my way to the coffee shop on the corner, wiping the dirty window with my hand so I could peer in and see if there was any sign of walkers. But as far as I could tell it was clear. I pulled down on the handle and gave it a gentle push and it opened ringing the small bell above the door. I hurried to shut it up, pulling it down before placing it on a near by coffee table, closing the door behind me and waiting to see if it had attracted any unwanted attention.

After several moments I proceeded, I was sure if anyone one was near by and heard it they would have made themselves known by now. I slowly and cautiously made my way around to the other side of the counter it was clear, I then made my way out back, I wanted to scope the place out before I got on with collecting. The whole place seemed to be clear. I grabbed a box that lay in the back counter top and I started packing coffee and tea bags dried milk powder and sugar. I didn't know about anyone else but I sure missed my morning caffeine fix. I grabbed packets of biscuits and there were a few packaged up cakes that still looked to be good, I thought it would make a nice treat for when we got back from this run. I grabbed the box and headed to the next shop around the corner which was a pharmacy.

I know we had pharmacy type supplies but we might as well collect them now while we can. So once I scoped the place out made sure it was empty I threw a bunch of the usual stuff in. there was a refrigerator in the back full of bottles of juice and water I grabbed them all shoving them in the box. Next to it was a vending machine, but it was out of power and I had no way to open it up. I could have kicked it but that risked causing a scene so I shook my head and left it be. Maybe I would mention it to one of the guys maybe they had tools to open it, candy would be nice to have. I gave the place a once over making sure there was nothing else we could use when I heard a scream, it was one of the guys. Throwing the box to the ground I went running to see what was up.

I reached the grocery store three doors down, I called out

'Hello'

'Over here, I heard an English accent. I followed it to find Andrew lying on the ground in the butcher section with his arm bleeding. I was the first on the scene so I ran over ripping my shirt exposing my midriff slightly, I wrapped the material around the wound with as much pressure as I could. 'This is just until we get out of here I have supplies in the box I dropped back in the pharmacy okay.'I told him. Just then the others appeared behind me

'What happened?' Ruby asked

'Rubes can you come help, you have a slight medical knowledge, your mum made you do first aid right?'

'Yea okay do we have any supplies with us?'

'I just raided a pharmacy grabbed more stuff while we could.'

'Okay, guys you go continue gathering supplies, we got this.' Ruby said as the other reluctantly left

'Thank you.' Andrew said looking to both Ruby and I