Chapter 35

Note: Ruby here. Aww how cute was Niemos last chapter? I loved it. Hers mine. Hope you are still enjoying. Love Ruby xx

*Ruby POV*

I awoke bright and early the next morning to the sounds of the forest. The bed was too comfy and I didn’t want to move. As I stretched lazily I noticed that I was alone in the big bed. With another stretch I sat up on the edge of the bed, reaching down to the floor for my bed clothes, which had been thrown around as Norman undressed me for bed. I smiled thinking about it.

‘So you have decided to join the land of the living then?’ Norman asked as he walked through the door a tray in his hands.

‘Good morning to you too. And surely it’s not that late is it?’ I asked him as I pulled on a tank top.

‘Aww, what you gotta go cover over for? And it’s just gone 8. No one else is up yet’

‘Whats the matter, didn’t get enough last night?’

He shook his head ‘no’ as he placed the tray on the bedside cabinet next to me. On the tray was a mug of steaming coffee, a packet of cigarettes, and a beautiful purple and yellow Tulip. ‘Thought I’d bring my lady a coffee in bed’ He smiled taking a seat next to me.

‘Babe, seriously, this is so nice. Thank you’ I leant over and kissed his cheek.

‘That all I get?’ He smirked.

‘Come on. Morning breath.’ I chuckled as I picked up the coffee taking a gentle sip. I noticed him sitting and just looking at me. ‘What? Do I have major bed hair or something?’

‘Naw, I just can’t get over how lucky I am to have a beautiful British girl.’ I felt my cheeks flush a shade of red.

‘Shh, stop it’

‘I only speak the truth.’ He smiled.

‘Are you saying that if this end of the world thing wasn’t going on we would still have gotten together?’

‘Darlin, do you only think we are together because of all this?’ He asked as he pointed towards the window. I just let out a little shrug. ‘Remember that night we first met? I couldn’t take my eyes off of you. Jensen had called me earlier that day to say he was taking you both out for a drink, he told me about you and I couldn’t wait to meet you. Then at the club, wow, words can’t even describe what I thought. You were stunning, even more so now. Ruby I want you to know that I am madly in love with you. Even if this bullshit hadn’t of happened, we would have still gotten together.’ I looked into his blue pools.

‘Norman, I love you so much you have no idea.’ He grinned and leaned forward to kiss me. ‘Ahh not enough for morning kisses though’ I laughed as I pressed one of my fingers to his lips. He just left out a little chuckle, and grabbed two cigarettes, sparking them both up and heading to the open window.

‘Shit’ He growled stubbing out his half smoked cig. ‘We got walkers’

‘What? How many?’ I asked as I made my way over to the window.

‘Three that I can see’

‘Shall we go take them out?’ I asked looking at him.

‘Just hold on two seconds.’ He pointed between the trees to where the three walkers walked slowly. ‘There are walking by. It’s like they haven’t noticed us.’

‘Sound. That’s the trigger. They are always drawn to noises. If we keep the noise down in here and keep the lights low at night we could potentially be alright.’

‘Could be.’

‘Come on, let us just go get rid of them now, not take that risk of them spoiling a perfectly nice day’