Chapter 29

Note: Hey, Ruby here. Hope you are all still with us? What are your views? Anything you would like to see happen? We would love your feedback and votes too. They make us very very happy :D, sorry this update doesn't include the guys so much. Love to you all. Ruby xxx

*Ruby POV*

Due to the power being back on in the building we were able to cook ourselves a rather nice lunch. While Kenzie and Jensen were on the walmart run, they picked up some fajita mix kits and some veggies that hadn’t turned yet. So we all ate a good meal of veg fajitas and warm nachos.

‘God bless the generator’ Kenzie said as she pushed away her empty plate and rubbed her full belly.

‘Make the most of it. Generator looks like it will be empty by morning’ Norman told her as he picked up some of the nacho crumbs.

‘Way to spoil a girls high’

‘What, don’t shoot the messenger? Just telling you as it is’

‘So does this mean that we will be on the move again?’ Melissa asked. ‘I mean surely we don’t have to pack up and go just cause we have no power.’ She had a point. We had made the building somewhat secure. We hadn’t encountered too many Walkers while out on the supply run and we had a good amount of supplies for now.

No one answered Melissa, instead a silence fell in the room. One that wasn’t comfortable, which meant everybody was deep in their own thoughts about our situation.

‘How is your arm doing Andrew?’ I asked, finding it was the only thing I could think of to break the tension in the room.

‘It’s sore, but not too bad thanks.’ He said whilst looking down at the bandage wrapped around his arm.

‘I could do with changing the dressing if that’s ok. The last thing we want is for you to get an infection in it.’ He nodded.  ‘We will go back up to the room to get this sorted’ I addressed everybody else. ‘What are you all doing?’

‘Me and Norm thought about looking around the car park, see if we can pick up another car or pick up. Something else to put supplies in. And another car could be of help in case of emergency.’ Jensen spoke as he stood from the table Norman following.

‘Im going to sort these dishes out, and then see what I can pull together for evening tea’ Melissa told us.

‘I’m with you two’ Kenzie said pointing to Andrew and myself. ‘It would be handy if I learnt a few things, just in case I need to help at any point.’

With that everybody said their goodbyes and went off their own way. Something in my mind was nagging at me. Was the group slowly falling apart due to the tension and thoughts of moving. Even Kenzie and I seemed to have a slight distance from Jensen and Norman. This was the last thing we would need.

‘Let’s get this sorted then’ I said to Andrew as he took a seat on one of the couches in the room we were staying in. I sat next to him, and Kenzie knelt on the floor so she was able to see what I was doing. I removed the bandage and peeled back the dressing that was over the stitched wound. Andrew let out a hiss as the dressing must have snagged on a few hairs closed to the wound.

‘So, Andrew anything you want to tell us?’ Kenzie asked trying to keep his mind busy as I began to disinfect the area. I had to let out a kind of snort as I knew what she was getting at. She grinned.

‘Not that I know of. Why?’ He asked looking between us both.

‘Oh its nothing. Just a few interesting noises coming from yours and Melissa’s room this afternoon after the run’ I teased, as I applied a fresh dressing. I looked to Andrew as his cheeks began to turn a red colour.