What Would Have Been (125'000 Reads Celebration)

What Would Have Been .  .  .

To celebrate reaching the incredible 1 2 5 ' 0 0 0 reads count, I'm going to let you guys in on what actually would've happened if I was to ever continue Jack's story - which is highly doubtful. 

There was going to be an epilogue but I decided against it. I felt like I had said everything that needed to be said in the final chapter and an epilogue would've ruined the high-note. 

First thing is first: Jack and Emily? Yes, of course, they would've ended up together NO DOUBT. After years of will-they-won't-they, Jemily would finally exist in peace. After the story ended, I would have the group (Jack, Emily, Skylar, Mandy, Chris) all split up for college. Jack would've attended the same college as Skylar, where she was continuing her nursing course. 

Now, if you remember, in the penultimate chapter, Jack and Sky shared a moment on a couch in some hotel. There was a glimmer of something, and for me, this glimmer was really important. This glimmer, this spark, would eventual lead to a roaring romance between the not-so-unlikely pair. But unfortunately, this romance would not be set to last the test of time. Meanwhile, Mandy at her own college, would be thinking that she is in a very happy, ery succesfful, long distance relationship with Skylar and awkwardness would soon arise when she would visit. 

To get back to the heart of the story, Jack's old demons would sure enough resurface, espcially in a new surrounding such as a college. But not to worry because help is always available to those who are willing. Jack would find comfort in a character much like the nurse from the original novel - a college Lecturer. 

After a few years of studying, overcoming more demons, failed relationships and even some sexuality experimentation, Jack would finally graduate college with a degree in English and Creative Writing - his eyes would now be set on a life in New York City. First however, he is needed back home in Bridge Bay. 

On receiving an unnerving phone call from his stepdad Keith, about his younger sister Sammy, Jack would be forced to return home where old emotions would surely resurface. His sister, now in the whole hating-the-world teenage phase, would coincidentally be going through her own problems - problems that Jack would help her overcome. A quick and emotional visit to his mother's grave would give Jack the courage to pursue his dreams in NYC. 

Eventually, Jack would see his dream materialize when his diary that he wrote in through his whole anorexia experience would be published as a sort of 'stay strong' novel. It would fastly become a bestseller and years later, Jack would be living in the apartment he always imagined, wearing a suit he would never feel 100% comfortable in. 

To end the story, Jack would return to Bridge Bay for a ten year, high school reunion, where he would be reunited with all of his old friends but most importantly - Emily. The pair will take their time to fall back in love with each other but when they do, it's beautiful. A baby would be born and Jack will get his happily ever after with his person. 

-

So there you have it, more or less the rest of Jack's life. I really wish I could write another Just Jack novel, it would be so fun but I just feel like it wouldn't work. Right now though, I'm working on getting it actually published and I'm really excited about that.

Now though, I would like to take the time to thank all of you who read the novel, who stuck with me through the long process of writing it, who voted and commented EVERY chapter and who made this the most incredible writing experiece EVER! You guys are so amazing so thank you ever so much. 

Much love

Shaun

x