Chapter Sixteen

"Hi, Daddy." I said smiling the biggest smile I could muster, I moved further into the room pretending that every eye was not on me. I unfolded the towel I brought with me and felt sick to my stomach when it was only a hand towel, it was larger then the one's we had at home but not large enough for me to wrap around my self. Cale must have seen my face fall because he started laughing harder but quieted down when my mom smack him on the back of his head, "Ouch, what was that for."

"She did that to shut you up." I said glaring at my brother all nice thoughts of him gone once again.

"Minnow please sit down beside your mother and try to cover your self if possible, I have enough on my plate without you running around this house naked." My dad said as he rubbed his temples, I cringed at the sight of my dad he looked good no cuts or bruises like my mom but he looked like he aged ten years since I saw him last night. I didn't say anything just walked over to my mom and Cale and sat down beside her on the window seat. I was to embarrassed to look around the room so I focused on my dad who was giving the room of men a dirty look, "Now that you are here Minnow we have things to discuss."

"Sure," I said putting the smile back on my face.

"We have discussed things while we were waiting for you and we have all agreed that you need to go into hiding starting right now."

"You better mean we as in our family need to go into hiding because I'm not going any where without the two of you. Cale I could do with out." I said as I leaned forward and glared at him, my mom put her hand in my face and pushed me back. "What?"

"You don't have a choice in the matter Minnow, it is for the best if you to leave."

"I don't think so."

"Minnow,"

"What mom, you and dad want to send me away. How do you expect me to act and speak."

Both my parents sat quietly and even Cale managed to keep his mouth shut, "Where will I go?"

"One of Zen's men has place on the North Coast of British Columbia."

"Where on god's green earth is that?"

"Canada."

"You have got to be kidding me," I said as I folded my arms across my chest. "I'm not going anywhere unless its the whole family."

"You don't have a choice."

I got up feeling brave in a room full of vampires and walked over to the desk my dad was sitting at, "If you force me to go you and mom better be prepared for me never to come back and I will never forgive either one of you." I heard my mom gasp but she never said anything just waited on my dad, I placed both my hands on the desk and leaned into him. "I might go through the change in less then a week or it might be in two years or maybe never. That is something I can't control but trust me if you send me away I will never speak to you or mom ever again and trust me that is one thing I can control." I stood up straight and watched my dad, he showed no emotion and I thought I might have pushed him to far until he smiled at me.

"We will try it here for awhile but you have rules and they must be obeyed Minnow, and with that dragon still lurking around the perimeter of the compound will be secure enough for now."

"Maxwell do you think this is wise, we have word they they are planning an attack."

I turned and stared at Zen then back at my dad, "Is that why you wanted to send me away."

"Yes,"

"Sir we have the safe room."

We all turned to see who spoke but I couldn't see over all the large men, the voice was sexy though but I pushed those thoughts out of my head as one man obsessed with me is more then enough. "Perfect lets clean it up and make sure everyone know where it is."