Chapter Twelve

I woke up with the cool window pressed up against my cheek, I sat up straight and wiped the drool that was hanging off my chin on the hoodie that my mom must have covered me with. I so needed a bed I thought as I pull out my ear buds and turned to where my mother should have been but the driver seat was empty and the car was parked in a under ground garage. I went to text my mom but remembered that Jack had her crumpled up phone still in his pocket and there was no signal any way, I thew my phone on to my moms seat.

I checked to see if the keys were in the ignition and of course they weren't so I opened the door and climbed out, I debated on whether to take my purse or not and decided to leave it behind. I pushed the lock button on the door making sure that the doors locked, I shut it and walked to the front of my mom's car.

I scanned the area around me and noticed that there were at least one hundred cars in what I first thought was a empty garage and they were all parked as close to the only door that I could see. I wondered why they all crowded to gather as this place was huge, I started walking towards the door still looking around to see where my mom came in but I couldn't see the bay, it must be on the far side behind the cement wall in the far corner.

My mom's car was parked very far away from he others so I had a lot of cement to eat up and the closer I got to the cars I noticed almost all the cars had tinted windows and all were black and fancy. I passed several rows of these black cars when a black two door sports car stopped me, it was beautiful with it's sleek lines and dark tinted windows. I normally didn't admire cars but this one called to me, it looked dangerous and fast and nothing like my mom's blue Audi.

I ran my hand along the black shiny paint dragging it along as I moved down the car, "I bet you would be really fun to drive." I said out loud to the car as I walked down it. I pulled my hand away quickly when I realized that the hood was still warm, I looked through the wind shield and I was mortified when I noticed the figure sitting in the drivers seat. All embarrassed I said "sorry" out loud and stepped away from the car, I could feel my cheeks turning redder by the second, hopefully he didn't hear me talking to his car.

I knew he was watching me and I would be watching me to if someone put finger prints all over my shiny car and if he didn't care I would be shocked. I reached the door and pulled on the handle, the door was locked and it had a strange security system. I didn't no what to do as the door was locked and so was the rental car, I guess I was going for a walk around the garage to find the exit.

I just turned around when a male voice said, "Let me get that for you." I jumped at the sound of the voice and stepped away from the very large man standing in front of me.

I didn't no what to say and watched as he place his thumb on the little panel above the handle and the door hissed open, "You need a finger print to get in."

"Oh," was all I managed to say as I stared at another gorgeous man, that made at least twenty since the beginning of the week.

"Thanks but my mom wouldn't be through there she hasn't been in town for a long time. Thanks any way." I said as I walked away as quick as my legs could go. I was half way to the rental when I heard my name, I froze to the spot.

"Your name is Minnow, right."

I slowly turned around to look at him, "Yes, do I know you?" I asked but I knew I would have remembered someone as good looking as him."

"No, but I would know Max and Sydney's daughter anywhere."

I looked at the man who was still standing by the open door, he was tall probably six three with short blonde hair, I couldn't see his eyes because he was wearing wrap around shades on his clean shaven face but he is very nice to look at. "I'm Minnow. How do you know my parents."