Chapter Three

"What's going on Minnow?" Jamie finally asked after watching the road intently for several minutes.

"I don't know what your talking about, your the one acting crazy." She gave me a long look and nodded at my clueless expression.

"I'll take you home."

"I thought you were. I have to face my family sooner or later anyway." And you are acting really weird today and I have had enough weird to last me years.

"That's what I meant, what's going on with your family?"

"Nothing much, Cale and my dad have to go away for a few weeks and I wanted to go with them." I lied not knowing what to say to her, like I could ever tell her the truth.

We drove the rest of the way in silence and when she pulled in my drive way she got out. I thought she was going to help me with my bags as they were all jumbled together with hers even more so now as she drove like a person possessed, while I white knuckled it most of the way here.

I was wrong, she didn't help me but headed for my front door, "Hey, what about my bags," I called after her when I heard her car honk.

"Later," she called over her shoulder and ran up the walk to my front door.

I followed when I realized she was serious, I met her at the door and she was tapping her foot like I kept her waiting for an hour instead of a minute, "Do you have to pee?" I asked as I tried the door which was locked. I rummaged through my purse for my keys but stopped when the front door opened and my mom greeted us.

"We need to talk," Jamie said to my mom as she walked passed her and into the house. My mom and I followed Jamie into the living room where Jamie turned and faced us right away.

I knew Jamie was going to say something about the mall, and with everything else that is going on right now some guy that looked at me the wrong way was at the bottom of my list of things I wanted to talk about.

"I think you need to get Mr. Swift, he needs to hear what I have to say." Jamie said politely to my mom. Mom looked to me but I shrugged my shoulders I had no clue what has gotten into Jamie.

"Okay," My mom and and left the room with a worried look on her face.

I turned on Jamie, "What the hell has gotten into you today?" But before Jamie could answer my mom was back with my dad and Cale.

"What's wrong Jamie? Everything okay at home?" My dad asked as they all settled into the room.

"Everything is fine sir, it's about what's happening here."

"Is this about the guy at the mall Jamie, because if it is I think you are over reacting."

"What guy at the mall?" My dad asked as he and Cale sat on the couch and my mom took the leather chair across from them.

"Just some guy. Jamie didn't like the way he was looking at me. She's making a big deal out of nothing."

"It's not nothing Minnow, I think it is very important."

"Tell me why this man has got you so upset Jamie." When Jamie didn't say anything right away and my dad asked if she was okay. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks she's not acting like her self.

"I can't really say, do any of you have some thing to say. Like why Mrs. Swift and Cale were so adament on talking to Minnow this morning." The room remained quite.

"Oh for Christ sakes, I know," she said staring at my parents.

"Know what, Jamie." My dad asked.