Chapter Ten

The towns and cities flew by as I dosed on and off for the next fifteen hours I didn't know where we were as everything was blurred together. We finally stopped as I had to go to the bathroom and so did the wolf, I didn't want to say his name it was to personal. After what I just did with him the less personal the better.

I waited this time for my mom to go to the restroom with me, I was surprised to see how clean the 7-elevens bathroom was. I splashed water on my face and gargled some water. I should have brought my toothbrush in but when you have to pee really bad your brain doesn't think of other things like hygiene. I redid my hair as it was all messy from sleep.

My mom knocked on the door telling me it was time to head out, I checked my hair one last time and went to leave.

I couldn't get the bathroom door open, I heard something slide under the floor, I looked down and saw a connivence pack of Bounce dryer sheets. I was just about to bang on the door and ask her what was going on when a slip of paper came under the door and stopped at my feet. I picked it up opened it, it read. WOLVES, INSIDE 7-ELEVEN. I backed away from the door grabbed the small pack of dryer sheets, there were only four in the pack but that would have to do. I wish I brought the box of dryer sheets in with me that I brought from Jamie's uncles house, but like I said before you never think properly when you have to pee.

I rubbed the sheets all over my body even under my clothes, I ran one through my hair which I had put back into a ponytail as I wanted the smell on as much of me as possible. I would rather have to fix my hair a thousand times then be caught by wolves, good or bad. I put the sheets I used in my shorts pocket placing one in each pocket and I put two in the back pockets as well. I would never buy a pair of pants that didn't have pockets again, so long yoga pants, I thought as I stood staring at the door. I waited for another note or a small knock on the door to make sure everything was okay but when nothing came I leaned against the wall, I wasn't even going to try the handle as it seemed safer in here.

When a loud knock finally came I was surprised to hear a voice and it wasn't my mothers. "Are you almost done in there, I've been waiting for ten minutes."

Shocked that the person on the other side of the door wasn't my mom, I pushed myself away from the wall and opened the door. I walked out and a young girl not much older then me moved off the wall she was leaning on, pushed past me as she entered the bathroom. "About time, don't you know it's bad manners to spray yourself with perfume in a public washroom." She said as she slammed the door in my face.

I moved down the short hallway quickly looking for my mom as I entered the main area of the store, but she was nowhere to be seen. My stomach started to tighten and I knew there had to be werewolves in the store. My skin was starting to crawl so I knew that one of them was focusing in on me. I made my way to the exit that was now only twenty steps away.

"Excuse me young lady but your uncle left his bag of groceries on the counter, can you make sure he gets it." I stopped praying he wasn't talking to me but when I heard him walking around the counter I turned to meet him half way with my best smile on my face. I could still feel eyes on me and my stomach muscles were getting tighter so now many wolf eyes were on me and I was starting to sweat.

"Here," The man said as he handed me the bag, it was heavier then it looked and I almost dropped it. "I think he didn't realize that I put his stuff in two separate bags. I saw you get out of the car with your mom earlier so I knew you all belonged together, at first I thought you two were brother and sister until he said he was your uncle when I asked him ."

"Thank you very much." I said wanting to get out of the store before the persons watching me started to get more interested. "Thanks again." I said as I turned to the door, I managed to push open the door when a large hand landed on top of mine. I let out a shriek and I jumped backwards slamming into a large wall that wasn't there before and I just knew it was one of the wolves that had been watching me. When our hands touched I felt his beast stir or that's what I think it was, I quickly pulled my hand out from under his then looked to the car which thank god was still parked in front of same gas meter. My mom was casually leaning against the car watching me and slightly nodded her head.