Chapter Fourteen

As I walked through the red doors following my parents and Cale I felt like I was watching it from under water as the world around me looked blurry. My hands and feet had pins and needles and my scalp hurt, I thought taking the ponytail out of my hair would help so I did but it was worse as my hair could move and it felt like little razor blades cutting into me.

When we reached the underground parking lot my dad and Zen were arguing then my dad stuffed me in the black sports car that I was admiring earlier but I was so out of it I didn't get a chance to really appreciate the car as I felt something was missing inside me and I didn't now how to fix it and the fact that I just ripped the chains off of Cale with my bare hands freaked me out.

I rode beside Zen feeling numb watching green blurry things through the window which I hope were trees or else I was starting to see things but other then that the ride was quiet, thankfully Zen never once tried to talk to me but I felt him look my way several times. I was glad he never struck up a conversation as I didn't think my mouth would work and my eyes were filled to the brim with tears that were ready to fall at any moment.

We seemed to be in the car for a long time but eventually we turned off the freeway on to a long gravel road, we were on it for several minutes before we turned down a long driveway of compressed rocks. In the distance I could see a large estate with a three car garage with a large parking area out front, the grass in the yard was green and the flower gardens were blooming with late summer flowers. The place would have been breath taking if I wasn't afraid to breath, the rock facade of the house was grey and the dark green ivy crawling up one corner added to its grandness.

We didn't park in the front with the rest of the cars that followed us here but in one of the three garages, Zen parked and asked if I was going to get out and when I just stared at him blankly he left me alone. I put my head back on the soft leather and stared at the air in front of me trying hard not to think of what happened and it was working until my dad called my name and knocked on the window, the sound of his voice broke the dam holding my tears at bay.

"Minnow" he said again, "you need to get out of the car, honey." he opened the door and knelt down beside me, I turned with tears streaming down my cheeks and one look at my dad and his beaten face made the light sobs turned into racking one's that took my breath away.

He touched my arm and that's when I lost it and started hitting and kicking and I even think I bit into flesh to get the hands away from me and I don't think it was just my dad, I thought I heard my moms voice a couple of times trying to calm me down. The hands did go away and I relaxed a little as my large sobs became quieter when the door to the car shut and I was alone again. I did hear talking and it got louder and louder then eventually faded.

I must have fallen asleep but was woken up by more arguing outside the car and I shrieked when the door came flying open and a large figure loomed over me, I moved over to the drivers side of the car cowering hiding my face under my arms. I think I have literally lost my mind, I thought to myself.

The large figure tried to move my hands away from my face and that's when I attacked, the figure took every hit, punch, kick and bite that I gave it over and over again until finally I became tired and the hands pulled me out of the car and he threw me over what I presumed were shoulders and stood up. "Jaquine, you can't treat her like a sack of potatoes." I heard my mother say and my body physically relaxed against him, well accept my head I was not having it anywhere near his ass.

"But all of you would let her stay in there and have fits every time someone touched her." I do not have fits I'm just in shock.

"She's in shock. You need to put my daughter down," I heard my father say as I struggled at keeping my head off his ass or I should say lower back but its in the same region.