Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

ROSE’S POV

Earlier that morning I had left the house extremely early just to ensure that there would be no chance to meet Tyler but I knew that I would eventually have to meet him, I mean we did live together.

“That’s all, Rose, you may go home now” Derek announced at around 5 after we had finished planning the next day’s lesson. Derek and I were on civil terms but I felt extremely awkward and was starting to regret ever taking this job. I quickly packed up my bag and raced out the door, glad to get away from him. As soon as I was out of the building I slowed down. I didn’t really want to go home and see Tyler because I felt even more awkward with him, but I also had no other place to go to. Slowly I made my way home, trying to take as long as I possibly could. Half an hour later I arrived in front of the apartment, my key turning in the lock. I took a deep breath and stepped into the apartment, as soon as I walked in I couldn’t help but recognise the mouth watering smell of corn beef. I took off my shoes, threw my bag into my room then walked into the kitchen to find Tyler cooking.

“Oh hey, Rose, didn’t hear you come in” Tyler commented, grinning at me as he mashed some potatoes. I forgot all about my awkwardness as I observed the strange sight of Tyler cooking,

“You’re cooking?” I asked incredulously, peering into the pot to find that nothing was burnt.

“Yup. To be honest, Mum came by earlier and she did everything except for the mashing of the potatoes which turns out to be quite easy” He was grinning, making my heart beat faster. I ignored this feeling as I examined the corn beef which was all cut up on the board,

“There’s nothing burnt!”

“You hurt me, Rose” Tyler mocked a hurt face as he turned to me but soon enough his grin was back on his face, “I wanted to make you a special dinner”

“Why? Nothing has happened to celebrate” I pointed out, “Not that I’m complaining. I love corn beef”

“I know! I have to learn how to cook anyway. Plus this is a thank you dinner” I turned to look at him, really look at him. Tyler was wearing a pair of black jeans with a check shirt. It wasn’t his clothes which held my attention, but instead it was his face. I couldn’t really understand it but his face was lit up more than usual and the way he looked at me right then made my heart beat faster. What was going on?

“Thank you for what?” I asked, turning away as I tried to hide my blushing cheeks.

“Today I saw Amy” My heart dropped. Was Tyler happy because he had seen his ex?

“Oh yeah?” I replied, trying to act nonchalant. Tyler came to stand right in front of me and lifted my face up to his face,

“I rejected her” I couldn’t help it, a huge smile broke out on my face before I quickly tried to wipe it off,

“You did, why?” Tyler grinned, telling me that he saw my grin.

“Because of you, Rose. I remembered you calling Amy a skank and such and then I realised that there were far better girls out there for me than her. One of them living in my flat with me” I wasn’t quite sure if he meant what I thought he meant but my heart was beating even faster now. Tyler bent his head closer to mine, I closed my eyes, and then soon I felt his soft lips against mine. I felt my heart explode and I returned his kiss. Too soon for my liking, Tyler was pulling away,

“As much as I’d love to do that more, I do have a dinner to cook” Tyler grinned, gave me another quick kiss before turning back to the potatoes. I couldn’t keep the grin off my face, Tyler had just kissed me.

Ok this is extremely short..I know…I’ve kind of given up on this story. I should have planned it better so I knew what to write. There will be only a couple more chapters left of this story. Thanks to everyone who has voted and commented on this story, I love you all! Once I have finished this story I will try and go back and edit it, and maybe one day I’ll even write more in between.

I will also be starting a new story soon after this, so please check out my profile page if you’re interested!