Chapter Two

Thank you very very much to my first voter and commenter lulurofl, I really appreciate your support ^_^ Hope you enjoy this chapter! Also thank you to darkprincess38 for adding my story to your library, I hope you enjoy my story ^_^

Chapter Two

“I’m the owner of this place” I replied, breaking the stunned silence that had fallen between us.

“Oh are you the owner’s daughter?”

“Yeah I am”

“Oh, was there something left to sign?” He asked as he took off his shoes and put his keys over mine on the key hook. He then walked past me and into the lounge with a suitcase in tow and an old newspaper in his hand.

“Huh?” I replied, stupidly, trying to figure out why this handsome stranger was in my apartment.

“Sorry to sound rude, but why are you here?” He asked finally plopping down on the couch as if he owned the place.

“That’s my line! Why are YOU here?” He looked up at me with a ‘are you crazy’ look.

“I’m here because I live here so why-” I cut him off,

“No you don’t. I live here! My parents bought this apartment for me as a graduation present, you must have the wrong apartment” The guy stood up and walked back to grab his keys,

“Then explain to me why my key worked on that door right now?”

“I don’t know but you’re in the wrong apartment and I would greatly appreciate it if you would get out of MY apartment” I stood with my hands on my hips, trying my best to glare at the good looking stranger.

“I am not leaving my apartment! I paid bond and two weeks rent in advance for this place. Call your parents, they will tell you that they rented this place out to me”

“Fine” I was about to pull my phone out of my pocket when the logo on the key ring caught my eye.

“Why do you have the logo of the apartment from 3 years ago on your key ring?” I questioned, examining it. The guy yanked it out of my grasp,

“What are you talking about? This is the logo of the apartment now! The name is Volt apartments” He gave me another infuriating ‘Are you crazy’ look.

“Volt was the name of the apartment building three years ago. Now, the name is the Chatelle” I grabbed my keys off the hook and showed him the current apartment logo and name.

“Are you crazy? The apartment name is Volt and you’re really starting to make me feel uncomfortable. Let’s just go to the building manager and get this sorted out”

“Fine.  By the way, you’re the crazy one” I huffed before storming out the door. I turned, expecting to see the guy following but he had disappeared. I was standing outside, looking into an empty hallway. I walked back in,

“Hey!” I yelled, wondering if he went back into the lounge to get something.

“Hey!” Was the reply from behind me. I screamed and spun around only to come face to face with the handsome stranger.

“How did you do that? Anyway, let’s go” I said walking back outside, only to find the guy had disappeared yet again. I stormed back in, starting to get angry.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Again I screamed and found the guy behind me, “Geez, do you have to keep screaming? Where did you go?”

“What are you talking about? Whenever I go outside you disappear!”

“What? I’m not the one who disappears-it’s you!”

“You know you’re really starting to annoy me!” I glared at the guy, getting sick of his games.

“It’s not like you’re much fun either! Hurry up or Dave will go home soon”

“Who?”

“Dave-you know, the building manager” He rolled his eyes, “Seriously, you should at least learn your building manager’s name”

“I have, and it’s not Dave, it’s Mark”

“No it’s not! It’s definitely Dave”

“No. I just met him a couple hours ago, it’s Mark!”

“Wow you really are crazy”

“You’re the crazy one! You’re even carrying around a newspaper from three years ago”

“No I’m not! It’s today’s paper” The guy walked back to the lounge and picked up the newspaper which he had been carrying, “See. 28th February, 2008, today’s date!” I looked at him with my mouth open,

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“It’s not 2008, it’s 2011”