Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I nervously opened the door to the teacher’s lounge which was located on level eight. In the lounge there were three people. One was an older woman of about 50 who looked up and smiled at me welcoming. The woman had greying hair and was wearing a flowery blouse with green dress pants. The woman was slightly chubby but she had the motherly aura about her and I instantly liked her.

Sitting to the right of her was a woman who would have been in her late 20s with long blonde hair and blue-grey eyes. The woman was flicking through a magazine in front of her. The woman glanced up at her and then glared at her before her eyes flicked over to the male teacher standing in the corner reading something on the board before going back to her magazine. Ok, maybe her and I were not going to get along well.

“Uh…hello” I started, hearing my voice shaking a bit I cleared my throat, “I’m the assistant teacher here, Rose. I am looking for Derek Stock” I had been given the name of the main teacher earlier. The male teacher who was looking at the board answered,

“I am Derek Stock and-” I don’t know what he was going to say because he turned around and his eyes opened wide and he practically ran over to me. I found myself trying to hold back the drool. Derek was hot, maybe not as hot as Tyler but definitely good looking. Derek had black hair and blue eyes like Tyler but his image was more rugged with a bit of stubble on his face. His body looked to be muscular under his chequered shirt and his legs were slim under his black skinny jeans.  Derek looked to be only a couple of years older than me but I am sure he must have many women falling over themselves to get to him. I quickly shook my head trying to rid my head of unprofessional thoughts and tried to remember that we were to be working together.  I held out my hand,

“Nice to meet you, I am Rose, the new assistant teacher” Derek knocked my hand away and gave me a hug, which surprised me greatly.

“You are so hot!” He exclaimed, making my cheeks burn.

“Don’t feel flattered, he says that to everyone” The younger woman commented, rolling her eyes as Derek let go of me.

“He hasn’t said it to you” The older woman commented, making me smile, “Ignore Fiona, she’s just jealous. Anyway, my name is Abigail, it is a pleasure to meet you” I was about to shake her hand but Derek grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles, making me blush like crazy.

“I am Derek Stock, pleased to make your acquaintance. From now on let’s do our best and work hard, even if it means late nights in-” Abigail smacked Derek over the head, making me laugh.

“Don’t traumatise the poor girl! Now behave like the teacher you are and go show her around”

“My pleasure. Right this way, Madam” Derek held the door open for me and I walked through, still surprised at Derek’s over friendly attitude. As soon as the door closed Derek turned to me, smiling,

“Sorry about that”

“Eh?” Was my intelligent reply, which made Derek laugh,

“I’m not normally like that but Fiona was there and she’s been bugging me to go out on a date with her and I’ve been trying to get her to quit by acting that way to every woman who comes along”

“Oh…well that’s…uh…I don’t know what to say” Derek grinned, showing off his brilliant white teeth,

“You don’t have to say anything, sorry again. Anyway here is our room” Derek stopped in front of a door with the number 809 written on it. “This is the room we will always be in. In the morning we teacher grammar and so on and the afternoon classes are conversation classes and practical work. Now are you ready to see where you will be spending much of your time?” I nodded and Derek opened the door. I was quite surprised to see how colourful the room was. To the left of the door was the front of the room which I knew because of the teachers desk in the middle of the room and the whiteboard behind it. The desks were all singles but they had been set into groups of six, three on each side, all facing each other I guess to promote interaction. The walls were covered in drawings, numbers, letters and words all on brightly coloured pieces of paper.

“Wow, I like the colour” I commented, turning to smile at Derek.

“Thank you! Now here’s the desk. I will mainly be using this while you just walk around helping anyone who needs it. During the morning classes you can just sit at the back of the class and take notes until I give them exercises and then you can walk around and check answers.” I nodded, taking in all the information, “If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at any time. Now let’s go over today’s lesson plan” With that I started my first day as an assistant teacher.

I’ve reached 1000 reads ^_^ I was so happy to see that! And I’m #146 on the Watty Awards list…I hope that increases! Please tell your friends and pleeease if you are reading VOTE…even if you don’t comment just VOTE…it’s really simple now! Pleeease!

Thank you to Samjie156 who was really fast to vote and comment on my past two chapters and the ONLY one to comment on both of them…I really appreciate it! Thank you!!

The next few chapters may be a little boring because I’m trying to introduce the characters and settings so please just hang on!

Anyway please vote and comment!!