Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I awoke the next morning to the wonderful sound of my alarm clock. I groaned and blindly searched for it with my hand, slamming my hand down on it. I rolled over and felt something solid next to me. I opened my eyes only to come face to face with breathtakingly blue ones. I yelped and pushed myself away, whacking my head on the bedside cabinet in the process. As I held my head, last night’s events came back to me and I felt my cheeks heat up. Tyler was laughing at me,

“Well that has got to be the most interesting reaction I have ever seen. Now you better get up and get ready for work. Don’t want to be late now do you?” With that he climbed out of my bed and disappeared into the lounge. I groaned as I slowly pulled myself out of bed. Why did I ask him to sleep with me last night? So embarrassing! I couldn’t help a smile forming on my face though as I thought about Tyler and I sharing the same bed. Even though I was sleeping the whole time, I still shared a bed with Tyler. The smile transformed into a big grin and before he could see me, I raced off to the shower.

The morning went by normally as Derek taught the class and I helped. He didn’t act too much different but I did notice that he was a bit more formal than usual. It was at lunch that I realised that maybe I had hurt him by rejecting his offer.

“Hey Derek” Fiona smiled brightly but it vanished as soon as she saw me trailing behind.

“Hello to you too, Fiona” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Whatever. So what did you do on the weekend, Derek?” She asked, leaning forward as he sat opposite her at the table, me sitting beside him.

“Nothing much. Just relaxed. How about you?”

“Me too. It was so boring. We should have hung out” Derek shot me a look then turned back to Fiona,

“You are right. We should have hung out. Hey, if you’re free tonight let’s go to dinner” Fiona looked like she was about to faint right then and there.

“That would be great!”

“Ok, let’s meet up at five in here.” Derek smiled then stood up, “Well I have to go back to class sp see you later” And with that he left, throwing his half eaten sandwich in the bin. I stood up to follow after him but Fiona glared at me,

“Rose, you have nothing over me. Derek is interested in me and only me. Don’t even try changing his mind because he won’t” I glared straight back,

“You can have him, I’m not interested. Plus anyone who is interested in you is not someone I want to be with” I didn’t know where the malice came from which made me say such a nasty thing but I didn’t really care. I walked out of the lunch room, leaving a stunned Fiona. I was angry, why did Derek do that? Was he trying to humiliate me? Was he really hurt that I already had plans? I didn’t understand it. I ran to catch up with Derek,

“Why did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Ask Fiona out on a date”

“Well why not? She’s free tonight and so am I”

“Why not!?” I asked, incredulously.  “Derek, you hate her!”

“Well maybe I could come to like her” I grabbed his arm to stop him from walking.

“Derek, you’re acting like a child and you are using Fiona! She really likes you and if you have any decency at all, you will call this dinner off”

“Rose, know your place” I automatically took a step back, startled by the sudden anger. “I do not care about you and your opinion. You are below me so never talk to me like that ever again” With that he walked into our classroom, slamming the door, leaving me in the hallway shocked and hurt.

The afternoon class was very awkward and although I tried to act normal, some of the students noticed the difference in my mood.

“Ok that’s it for the day. Don’t forget to do your homework. Yes, Shinya, I’m talking to you” The Japanese boy gave a sheepish grin as he left the room, along with the rest of the class. Sooner than I would have liked, I was alone with Derek.

“What would-”

“Go home, Rose”

“But-”

“I said go home” The flash of anger in his eyes stopped me from saying any more so I grabbed my bag and left, trying to hold back the tears. Why was he acting like that? As I walked home I tried to figure out what I was going to do.

“Rose!” I looked up to see Tyler (the one in my time) standing next to his car. I don’t know why but instead of saying hello, I started crying. Tyler looked startled but quickly pulled me into a hug. I don’t know what it was but being held by Tyler made everything seem alright. I had known him (well past him) for only just over a week but I felt so comfortable with him.

“Rose, it’ll be ok” I calmed myself down and reluctantly pulled myself out of his embrace,

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what overcame me”

“Don’t apologise, Rose. I’m always here for you. Come on, let’s go grab an ice cream and you can tell me all about it”

A/n: Sorry it's taken a while to get this up! I am back at University now so I won't be able to upload as often...but will still try to upload every couple of days!

Thanks again to all of my fans...old and new! It really makes my day seeing more fans and seeing all your votes and comments!! I love you guys sooo much!

All thanks to you I have received 100 votes and over 3000 reads...I am so happy! Thanks everyone for the support!