Chapter 34 - Bedroom Intruder

“Macy…?” It was Sam…

Immediately I pulled away from Jacob looking at him with wide eyes. He had already gotten the situation before I did. He immedaitely got up from the floor and looked around. There was nowhere for him to hide, and if Sam was to find him here, when he obviously banded him and Embry from coming up here, then all hell was gunna break loose.

I jumped from the bed when I saw him pushing the window up wider. "What are you doing?" I whispered with furrowed brows. I walked behind him as he lifted his leg over the ledge.

Another knock at the door.

Jacob turned back at me, "He can't catch me here, I gotta go, bye." he rushed out in the same low voice. I furrowed my eyebrows. He pulled his other leg through he turned and gave me one last look before he jumped. I tilted my head out and watched as he landed skillfully and made a run for it. I narrowed my eyes and stared before I finally pushed the window down, but not completely.

“Mac-”

“Yes!” I jumped as the door suddenly slammed open. Sam narrowed his eyes as he studied my awkward position. Me sitting on the edge of the bed with the sheets draping over the floor and my legs crossed as if I had to go pee. Yeah, that just screams normal…

Uncle Sam walked in looking at me then around the room, a suspicious expression latched onto his face. He pointed his nose to the ceiling as if smelling the air. At that I raised an eyebrow. “Um…uncle…Sam?”

 "Yes... I just came to make sure everything was alright. ...Was anyone else here?" He asked suspiciously. I tried to keep my cool as I shrugged my shoulders. "Um.. other than Nikki, no" Nikki …I can’t believe I almost forgot. The memories from our last scene together flashed through my head and I soon felt this terrible peg in my chest. I can’t believe I chose Jacob over her… What the hell is the matter with me? How could I do that? To her? To our friendship? She probably hates me now. The thought of her hating me, had me crushed. Would she hate me? Would Crad—

 "Nikki?" Sam questioned confused. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"The blonde girl.."

He still looked confused, like he had no idea what I was talking about.

"The girl I cam here with in the Squad Car.."

Now he looked even more confused then he was before. "You came in a squad car... When was that?"

I stared him for a moment. Did he seriously not remember that?

"Um... nothing, never..." I could use this in my advantage.

 Sam raised an eyebrow at me. Suddenly his eyes landed on my hand. “What happened to your hand?"  I looked down at it, covered in the brown bandages. I shrugged my shoulders. “I hit my hand on the draw..."

 He furrowed his eyebrows at me and shook his head.“…Ok, if you're going to be that way, fine.” He said nodding as he walked towards the door and closed it slowly. “Goodnight…” 

I nodded. “Night…”

3rd POV

Creeping from the window, he pulled it open and slipped through, the darkness of the night following him.

The dark shadows eyes brightened as he noticed his love’s sleeping form. Slowly, making sure to make soft footsteps he walked over to her side. He watched as she breathed in deeply and breathed out just the same, a small smile loitering on her own face. It made the man smile, for he knew that one day that would cease. One day she would be his. Forever.

With a gentle hand he reached down and caressed the side of her jaw, tracing the line down to her chin and back up again. The shadow then past his thumb over her bottom lips, wanting the feel of them on his own. But he’d seem like a creeper if he had kissed her now, in her sleep. Nonetheless, he loved the feeling of her smooth skin, it had that silky polished feel to it that gave her a fragile look. Like one of those priceless vase you’d find in a museum with big large signs saying ‘DO NOT TOUCH’.

His hand immediately stopped once she began stirring and shifting her position. He watched as she slowly turned to her side, turning her back to him. He looked down at her dark brown hair. So beautiful and long. Longer than it has ever been before.

 He reached down passed his fingers through the strands. They were so soft, and silky. He smiled down at this. The shadowed man bent down smelled her hair. Instead of smelling her lovely vanilla scented shampoo, he picked up the scent of dog. The realization made him cringe slightly.

The fact that his love has been prancing around with dogs irked him truly. But it was just a matter of time that she would be his, and she would never see those mutts again. He would make sure of it.

He looked her over once again and grabbed for her hand. He had not came here for nothing, he had heard of what of those dogs had done. Reaching into his pockets he grasped the small crimson ring and slipped it onto her pointer finger.

The ring had been made from the same material the necklace had been made from. But this time, he put a bit of her own blood into the gem. Giving it, its crimson color. The man grinned at the smell of it and took a deep breath. Some day that would be his. Her blood, her soul, her.

Just as he lent down to give her a kiss. A single word that made him stiffen fell from her lips.

“…Jacob…” She murmured softly. He stood straight at this. Jacob? The man thought. The name had seemed somewhat familiar to him, but he hadn’t seemed to bother to remember.

“Goodbye, love… I’ll be back. And we’ll be together forever…” He said as he lent down and kissed her on the croak of her neck. With that the man turned around and slipped from the window.