Mortal Pet. Immortal Master. 9

Ayesha’s P.O.V:

My master had been gone for a long time and I was beginning to think he had forgotten me, which would be a relief, but I was parched. Sighing I closed my eyes and waited, still lying on the bed. I was assessing the damage; I could feel immense pain in my ribs and I knew that it would have to be broken, my legs were covered in purple bruises. I was just lifting up his top to assess the damage on my stomach when Jake and my master walked in the door.

Jake gasped when he saw my stomach while my master cringed and looked away. That was how I knew I was ugly, no one wanted to see me, I was stupid, worthless and ugly. No one could ever love me let alone look at me without convulsing. I pulled my top down ashamed. “I-I’m so-so-sorry.” I said.

“No, sweetie. Don’t say sorry to me, I should be the one saying sorry to you.” My master said, confusing me greatly. Why was he sorry, I deserved everything he gave me, all the pain was a part of my life that I learnt to deal with.

“Here is your food. Eggs on toast.” Jake said smiling at me like he did last time. It was a charming smile that was full of warmth, he made me feel special not just some slave.

“Th-th-thank yo-you.” I said, still cautious of my master. Would he suddenly snatch the food out of my hands and grind it with his foot as the guards and slave dealers did.

Aaron’s P.O.V:

She was looking at me with fearful eyes, beautiful green eyes clouded by fear. It felt like a crime hurting something as delicate as her, yet I had done it numerous times. I truly was a monster, she had every right to look at me like that.

Picking up the toast with her delicate fingers she raised it slowly to her mouth, still staring at me with fear. I sighed and she jumped. “Just eat it Môn amour.” I said, getting annoyed with the stares. “Jake, would you mind her while I go and get something from the library.” I mumbled, making sure she couldn’t hear me. He nodded.

Rushing out the door and into the library I looked for my favourite book when I was younger that my mum used to read to me before she died. It was about a man and a women who didn’t get off to a good start but in the end they came to love each other very dearly. It was the one book my mother used to read to me every single night. The story of her and my father.

“Ah-ha.” I murmured as I found it. The cover was old and worn, fading away from age, the pages yellowing. When I was younger these deformities made the book even more magical. Grabbing it I ran back into the room.

Ayesha was crying and Jake was looking guilty. I was getting angry with every tear Ayesha shed.

“What did you do to her?!” I thundered at Jake. I never knew he would hurt her, ever. I saw her flinch at my tone so I lowered my voice. “You better give me a good reason for me to not rip your head off right now.” I threatened.

“I wasn’t hurting her, I just lifted her top to see what you did to her and I pressed one of her ribs and, well it’s obviously broken.” He explained, “That’s why she is crying, because of you not me.” Jake said while leaving the room, angry at me.

I turned to look at Ayesha, guilt overpowering me. I strode over to her shaking form, her eyes hidden behind her thin fingers. She was hiding herself from me, was I that scary? I grasped her hands between my fingers and moved them away from her beautiful face that had my hand print on it.

She started to shake even more now that I was closer to her. Her eyes were looking down at the covers, but her tears were still visible, leaving a trail down her cheek. As gently as I could I wiped them away, trying not to hurt her in the process. She was like a precious flower, delicate looking and as beautiful as a rose.

“My sweet, do not cry.” I crooned softly into her ear. She flinched away, still terrified at what I might do to her. I sighed when she hid her face in the pillow, deciding that I would have to cheer her up. “Sweet, I bought a book for us to read.” I said as softly as I could.

Her delicate fingers slowly uncovered one bright green eye; it was filled with unshed tears. It bore into my own, searching for any sign of truthfulness, something I wished she did not have to do

“You’ll be fine, I promise. If you want me to move away then just tell me.” I said, my subconscious telling me that it was highly unlikely she would tell me, so I could move as close as I want. Though the other side of my brain said that I should give her space, let her learn to trust me.

She nodded, taking her other hand away from her face. I smiled, even though she was still shaking like a leaf; it was progress, of course she could not meet me half way but we could take baby steps.

Opening the yellowed book I took a look at my mother’s neat handwriting, it filled with my memories of her and my father. Dad. Mum. Me. Sitting snuggled up underneath the covers.

I took a peak at Ayesha, wondering how she survived without a family, without love. My heart wept for her. I began the story of my parents, starting in the time where humans and vampires coexisted.

Ayesha’s P.O.V:

My master opened his mouth to speak, his eyes glistening with tears, and I closed my eyes. I imagined that I was the girl in the story, strong, brave and beautiful. I wished that I could be like her, but I wasn’t and never would be.

The girl was the son of a rich man, spoiled and greedy, but she resented her father and fought against him. Her father was a noble man of the king but he wanted more. He wanted the throne. So he arranged a marriage with the kings son and his daughter.

Her father was chubby and had beady eyes, his wife – her mother – had died years ago, and with her died his soul. The story had such vivid descriptions that I could truly imagine where they were. I could escape this life and be just like her, Isobel her name was. When it just got up to the part where Isobel was about to meet the Prince my master shut the book with a loud bang.

Opening my eyes I saw him looking so sad that I wanted to help him, no matter how scared I was. I gulped and started to slowly lift my hand to his shoulder. Snapping his head to face me, his eyes in a glare, I retreated. He was angry and sad, and I was scared. He was going to take it out on me again for sure. I clenched my eyes shut and tensed, waiting for the first blow but nothing came. Instead I felt a light hand on my shoulder.

“Ayesha,” He said, his voice breaking. I opened my eyes and stared into his. They were a dark sapphire blue as tears were leaking out of them, I gasped and he pulled me into a hug.

He was crushing me, I couldn’t breathe, but I knew he needed this so I kept quiet. Trying to push down the panic that was rising in my throat, my breathing was quickening and my eyes watering my sore rib screaming in pain. Soon I wouldn’t be able to take it.

Aaron’s P.O.V:

I knew she was scared but I needed the comfort, I was trying not to hurt her but guessing by her breathing I was crushing her. I loosened my grip and it seemed as if this was more comfortable for her.

I would have gone on with the book but the thought of my father was too painful to think of, let alone read about. I moved her so that my lips would graze her ear. “I am sorry,” I whispered, making her jump in fright. “I wish I was different, not a monster. I wish I could stop hurting you, but I can’t,” After I said that she began to shake even harder. “But I will try.” I promised.

Pulling her back I looked into her eyes, they were wide with fright and confusion. Her mouth was parted in shock and I felt the sudden urge to kiss her pouting lips. So I did, grabbing her by her neck I forced her mouth to mine, closing my eyes so that I didn’t have to see the fear echoing in them.

She tasted sweet – almost like her blood – her lips not moving did not bother me as they were soft and just grazing my lips on hers was like a kiss. Moving my hands up to her fragile shoulders I pushed her down on the bed. I could hear her heart beat at a very fast pace and I knew that it was fear that made her react that way, not want or lust.

By now I was lying on her gently squashing her into the sheets, our lips still locked onto one another’s. I could feel something soft press into my stomach and I looked down to see her hands there. Finally breaking the kiss I realized that this would just scare her away more. Sitting up I couldn’t look into her eyes, I was so full of shame, so I ran out of the room and into Jakes. Time to say sorry.