Mortal Pet. Immortal Master. 6

Ayesha’s P.O.V:

Never before have I ever been as scared as I was a few minutes ago. This man – my master – the prince – is scary. I have had my fair share of terrifying experiences in my life, but none equalled this. And to think that I thought I could trust him; he was being so nice, I actually thought he was sincere. But I was wrong; no one could ever love me – a slave, a pet, a human. I was disgusting and stupid to ever think someone as high up as my master would actually like me.

I heard someone else burst into the room. Looking away from my master’s cold face I saw the man from before. Jake was his name and he looked murderous.

“Aaron!” He hissed out. “I would like to talk to you. Outside.” He finished, still hissing. My master moved away from me and out the door, Jake trailing after him.

“What were you thinking?!” I heard Jake say.

“None of your business,” My master said. “You know how I react.”

“Yes, but her. For Christ sakes man! You can do better.” Said Jake. Was that how disgusting I was, not even worth being raped.

I stopped listening after that sentence and fell into a deep sleep.

Aaron’s P.O.V:

I was trying to calm Jake down; otherwise I would have a lot on my hands. He thought I would actually go all the way and take her dignity away – not that slaves have much dignity in the first place.

“Listen, Jake, it was only kissing and perhaps a little… touching.” I mumbled the last word, now realizing how distraught she would actually be. I had gone up and down her body; that would have terrified her especially if she was scared of me even without me close to her.

Jake sighed looking in my eyes and at my now horrified face. “Okay, alright. I get it, you were trying to calm down, I understand. Just, just don’t do it like that again.” He said as if he had given in. I nodded. “I’ll help her.”

“No, Jake, go to rest, I’ll handle her. I need to do it. I need to say sorry.” I said, regretting my sudden outburst; what if it didn’t work and this time she didn’t forgive me? I would just keep trying, that was my nature – to never give up.

I stood there watching Jake go to his room, making sure he did. I then, after I was 100% sure, opened the door to our room. She was out, I let out the breathe I had been inadvertently holding. I would deal with it tomorrow.

Walking over to her I slipped off the shirt I was wearing and put it on her, trying not to look. She had no clue how beautiful or how fragile she really was to me and to this world. I was pretty sure one word could break her, ‘actions speak louder than words’ that phrase ran through my head, reminding me of what I had done. I had acted and spoken, I felt sick; would she think that this was me – the real me. I hoped not.

I wanted to wake her up and explain it all, but then again I wanted to put it off until the morrow. The urge to wake her – to touch her – was strong though, strong enough to overtake my other, patient side. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her, gently. But by the way she woke up immediately I knew that I had been rougher then intended.

Her eyes found mine and she froze. Green eyes, like fresh grass, where wide and fearful, I felt as though a stake had been plunged through me. Stupid human – now I was feeling emotions for something. I could hear her breathing pick up, and her eyes became watery still transfixed on mine. Stupid, stupid, stupid human girl. What have you done? I let go of her shoulders and slid away from her.

“I’m sorry. I, I didn’t mean to get so carried away.” I confessed to her, still staring intently in her eyes. I don’t think she really heard me or understood or cared to. “Just go to sleep. I’ll leave if you want me to.” I said, looking down, I had scared her too much I would never get the throne at this rate

She just turned away and curled up in a ball. Breaking eye contact and any link we could’ve had. I could hear her crying and I couldn’t do anything about it. Urghh I felt so useless, something I had never felt before.

Ayesha’s P.O.V:

I woke up the next morning to sunlight. And yelling. It sounded like Jake and my master, they where scaring me. Yelling would mean anger and anger would mean taking it out on me. I Shut my eyes and prepared for them to walk through the door and start letting their anger out on me.

“That’s it I’m taking her. No you can’t do anything about it.” Said Jake, bursting through the door.

“I can’t let you do that,” My master said. “She is my responsibility, not yours.” He sounded pissed.

“Hey, Ayesha. Would you like to come and live with me?” Jake asked. How did they know I was awake?

“No, Ayesha you are not to go with him.” My master said. I opened my eyes to look at what they were doing. My master was glaring at Jake and Jake was looking at me.

I was scared. I wanted to live with Jake but if my master said no then I couldn’t do anything. But my master scares me. I looked up at my master again. He was staring at me now, his eyes piercing my own and I couldn’t move.

“Ayesha, my father is dead,” My master said slowly. “And Jake thinks that I will take my… my pain out on you. But I want you to be always near me as was my father’s wish. The only thing I can do for him.” He paused to come closer to me, blocking out everything else. “You will stay with me, won’t you?” He said, making it not a question at all – the fire in his eyes proving the point. I nodded, to scared to do anything else.

My master smiled at me, a smile that was full of bitter-sweet emotions. “Good girl, I’ll leave you here with Jake and he will take care of you until I come back.” I nodded again and he was out the room in a heartbeat.

After a few minutes of silence I decided to ask Jake something. “S-sir?”

“Ayesha, sweetie, just call me Jake” He cut in.

“What ha-happened to h-h-him? A-and the f-f-father?”