Mortal Pet. Immortal Master. 22

Ayesha’s P.O.V:

My dress was skin tight, hugging every part of my body, artfully wrinkled in some parts and completely covered in white lace. Everyone else’s, from what I could see was the exact same – just in black.

I was the only one with bare feet though. The fact made painfully clear when I stepped onto the cold of the marble floor. Curling my toes I looked up at my master, I mean... Aaron. It felt odd to call him that. The grip in which he held my hand was tight – not uncomfortably tight, though – comforting almost. In some ways I was glad he was there, if I was scared of him then maybe others would be too, and others would not take away or harm someone’s possession if they were scared of that person. Would they?

Looking around the room I spotted three familiar faces. Kayla, Jake and Ryan. Sighing in relief I made to go over to them when I remembered his hand on my own. Stopping all movement I turned to look back at Aaron, my eyes wide. Surely he wouldn’t... not in front of these people.

Smiling encouragingly at me, Aaron directed us through the maze of people, straight to Ryan. Feeling a smile break out across my face I bounded over to him, he was smiling warmly too. So warmly in fact that it made me temporarily forget the hand clamped around mine, leading up to a very angry face.

Ryan came forward a step, slinging his arms around my waist and torso, breathing in my ear. “You look beautiful, petal,” I giggled. “But enough of this. I can see that I have made many a man jealous.”

I was confused. Jealous? Who was? And of me? I wondered why, but placidly let Ryan turn me around. Facing us, eyes impassive, ethereal eyes glinting at something behind me was my master Aaron. Instinctively I tugged at my arm, just realising that he held it in his warm grip, it was a mistake. My master pulled me towards him, roughly yanking me till I was forced into his chest.

Thank God Ryan let go. If not I think I may have had my arm pulled off. Thinking of such thoughts helped me not to think of whose arms I was in or how bad they were hurting, but those thoughts could not be evaded for much longer.

Letting out a small pathetic whimper, involuntarily, had the whole party of people staring at me once again. Looking down quickly, as if to avoid their probing eyes, I started at the arms holding me captive around my waist. I could feel the low vibrations of a growl starting somewhere in my master, Aaron, I began to shake.

What did I do? Surely he would not punish me in this room full of people, would he? I knew I shouldn’t have pulled my arm away; I’m his toy, his pet, his slave. I do what I’m told, and I failed that. Letting another whimper escape my parted lips, I tensed myself for what was to happen – closing my eyes and squaring my shoulders.

When I heard another growl from across the room I flinched. He was going to let everyone in here see my punishment, maybe even join in? I could feel tears well up, I tried to push them back – the warm salty liquid would not help me at this point. I don’t think anything could.

Aaron’s P.O.V:

I could feel the beautiful mortal shaking in my arms, her soft whimper making me growl in frustration. Could I do nothing right? I did not want her with that man, Ryan, I didn’t like him. At all. But how could I deny her someone so integral to her childhood? I’d feel like even more of a monster if I did, more of the thing she thought I was.

Shifting my body around hers, so that she was tucked safely in my arms, I heard another growl across the room. Her flinch made me sure that she did too. Looking up I saw who it was.

Madame Iriel was facing my dear auntie, Jakes beloved mother, with her unwavering stare and stiff posture I knew this could not end well. Motioning with my head I stared meaningfully at Jake, go over there help them.

That would leave me with time to sort out my beautiful little mortal. Turning her around in my arms I noticed that my eyes couldn’t help but scanned over her body for any bruises or any sign of her hurt. She was still shaking, her body trembling in my arms like there was no tomorrow. Slowly I lifted one hand to her chin, slowly and carefully as not to scare her, and I slowly bought her chin up to meet my own.

Her eyes were shut. Tears were making the space around her eyes moist. The shaking and trembling got worse. I couldn’t deal with this. How could someone fear me that much? I knew I had hurt her, I knew that I wasn’t stupid... but it just wasn’t healthy. To be so scared that she was sick, that now she is shaking and trembling. That I am now wishing to just take her away and calm her down.

I couldn’t though.

“Ayesha, sweetie. Open your eyes, okay? Just do it.” I knew I should have left the command out at the end, but I didn’t – couldn’t – look soft around these people. “Ayesha,” I said again, a soft warning.

Her eyes snapped open, green eyes swimming with fear looked into my own. Giving her a little wink, which made her delicate face look confused for a second, I then turned to everyone present.

“See this girl here?” I asked rather loudly. “This girl, Ayesha is to be my new bride.” I could hear her gasp above the rest. Turning back to look at her I could see the utter confusion, shock and worry that clouded her features. Well, that got rid of the fear.