Mortal Pet. Immortal Master. 21

Aaron’s P.O.V:

We hadn’t seen each other after that gay man took her away – much to my protest – and it was almost time for the feast. Loosening the cloak’s tie on my neck, Madame Iriel made me wear it – she said it was a tradition passed down from generation – I gave myself a final once over in the mirror. I looked, royal, dark, mature, and like my father.

An odd feeling filled and blocked my throat, like a terribly strong ball of air, blocking me from swallowing and talking coherently. Trying immediately to shake the feeling from me, I walked away from the mirrors path – hoping, in vain, to hide from the reflection. It didn’t work, the image of me, of my father, was stuck in my head.

Staring down at my hands I was surprised when I heard a knock at the door, sudden and precise. Knock, knock, knock. Jumping up to get the door, hoping that it would be Ayesha, only to be disappointed – there stood Jake and Kayla. Giving them a once over I sighed, Jake was wearing something similar to me, Kayla wearing the traditional black lace dress that came down to about mid thigh.

Opening the door wider – my invitation for them to come in – I wondered what Ayesha was wearing. She wasn’t a vampire and she wasn’t dressed as a slave. Hearing a chuckle I turned to look at Jake.

“We’re going, smart one,” Kayla said. “We came to get you... and Ayesha.” At that last line Kayla moved away from the door, taking Jake with her – expecting me to follow. I did.

Getting to the stairs I waited for the man to introduce me before I walked out, his nasal voice saying my name without the little accent Ayesha used. “Introducing Prince Aaron, soon to be King.”

Stepping forward from the shadows I heard a few collective gasps and some muffled murmurs. Acting as if I didn’t care I held my head up, trying not to trip on the stairs, my eyes searching for Ayesha. When I couldn’t find her I panicked slightly – where was she? Hearing another bout of obtrusive gasps filling the room I sigh.

Seeing Jake waving furiously, pointing at something behind me I turned. There she was. Her white dress was up to her thighs, little lacy designs adorning the front of the dress; her silk white cloak cascaded around her thin figure atop her mountain of curled hair was a silver tiara. Gulping I looked into her eyes, not before taking in her perfect full and pink lips, her delicate white complexion, finally resting on her vibrant green eyes. The expression in them was one of uncertainty and fear of being rejected.

“Ayesha?” The nasal voice cut through my faults. “Who’s is she?” He asked again. Licking my lips I answered.

“She’s mine,” I added a growl to enhance the effect of my words. Beckoning her to me with my hand, I turned back to the crowd. “You will treat her as one of our own.” I commanded, seeing the scorn and disgust on people’s faces.

I heard Ayesha walk down the stairs, her soft bare feet padding on the marble of the stairs. Turning to her I held out my hand, begging her with my eyes to take it in hers.