Chapter XI

WARNING: THERE IS A SEX SCENE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When my eyes adjusted from the white light as it faded, there were two figures on the floor. Melody was breathing sharply from the magic she just performed and the other was Shadow, but not Shadow. Matthias was on the ground and it was as if the darkness left him. It must have made a loud noise as many elves came in and took them away. Kirston stayed behind and pulled the dagger out. It crumbed into dust as she held it in her hand.

“What did you do?” I asked her.

“I didn’t…it just.”

“It was made of dust?”

“Yes, I never heard of that before.”

            She then looked at my dress and studied the hole.

“Are they going to imprison Matthias?” I asked.

“I don’t know, he has caused much sadness.”

“That wasn’t him.”

“Believe me, we all want him back, but he has to atone for his crimes.”

“What crimes?!” I shouted. “He didn’t do anything, but kill in war.”

“He attacked civilians, Ashley.”

“That was Shadow, not Matthias. You have to let him come back.”

“I believe that is Tyler’s decision, not mine.”

            She then walked away and I waited for a few minutes before going to the hospital wing. Melody was hooked up to IV wires, a breathing tube in her mouth, and her heart was monitored. I didn’t see Matthias in any of the beds. Melody then mentioned for me. She then grabbed a pen and paper and began to write.

Matthias recovered instantly. He is now reporting to Tom and Tyler.

            I then ran to the meeting room and found that it was locked. I had to wait for hours until someone came out. Tyler seemed glad but shocked to hear that his best friend was back. He turned to me and said.

“Matthias is in a great deal of guilt. He needs to be alone for a day or two.”

“He didn’t mention me?”

“He can’t face you knowing that he left you for dead. I’m sorry, Ashley.”

            He then walked away and Tom followed. He then slipped me a piece of paper. I opened it and it said that he was at the Blue Lagoon. I went there and he was looking in the water.

“Matthias.”

“You shouldn’t be here.” He said, not looking at me.

“Matthias, what you did…”

“What I did, I did for you…only I didn’t think that I would…”

“Would what?”

“I didn’t think I would love the power so much. I should retire from the Riders so I wouldn’t put anyone in more danger.”

I placed my hand on his shoulder. “You won’t, that wasn’t you. It was someone different.”

“With my body? I could see everything that I did. The children’s faces…they were so scared that they would be next after I cut their families down. I can’t do that to you or our children.”