Chapter VI

I was literally counting down the days until Friday. It was Thursday night and I was becoming more and more nervous. Matthias made it a point that his schedule was clear so we could finally become husband and wife. On Wednesday I had my bachelorette party which apparently was my last night as a single woman. We had a girls night out and were went out for drinks. Even though we were under-aged, we decided to go for alcoholic drinks as we were be having them at the wedding. The only bad part was we became really drunk. Sarah and Kayla felt sorry for me because I was giving my undying love to Matthias. His bachelor party pretty much went the same way, though I enforced a strict “No exotic dancers” rule for the boys, much to their dismay. They said that it was tradition as Matthias would be “chained to me” for the rest of his immortal life. In the end we had to rely on the boy’s dragons to get us home. We all woke up that morning with splitting headaches.

The people from Karo’s Hope were coming up here and establishing their own homes and businesses due to the Hope being overpopulated. However, Karo seemed to be coming up with some evil masterminded plan. There were a few more attacks by the dragons on the village and everything pointed to him. He even went as far to blind Vanilor with a dust that caused irritation to his eyes. A few homes were on fire, but they weren’t burned badly. Some of my people were frightened that the Dragon Leader went on a rampage. Some were even reluctant to follow in Phil’s call to fear the dragons. Every time I saw Karo, he gave me an evil stare and scowl. My mind went back to the memory to Tuesday night.

I crossed off the day to my calendar and Karo came in.

“Karo, good to see you.”

“My queen.” He bowed.

“Queen? We’re both royalty.”

“It’s not just that.” He said.

“What is it?”

“I-I worship you, Ashley.”

“Worship? I don’t consider myself a goddess.”

“I think you should stop the wedding.” He said, advancing toward me.

“Stop the wedding? Karo, I love Matthias. I could never do that to him.”

“He doesn’t deserve someone like you. He was born in a peasant family.”

“He worked hard to earn his title, Royal born or not.”

“Then he should find someone who is at his own level.”

After that statement, he cupped my chin and kissed me. Shocked, I pulled back and looked at him. I didn’t know what else to do, so I slapped him across the face.

“I am engaged to be married in three days! You should know better than to do that!”

“We are both Royalty. It runs through our blood. Pure Royalty, keep it that way. Become my mate, my Queen.” He said, falling to his knees.

“Is that what this is about? The attacks on the village? To make Matthias look like a fool?”

“Of course. To prove my love for you.”

“Is that a confession?”

“Yes.”

“Then we can have your trial after my wedding.”

I left to go to my bachelorette party. The whole incident bothered me and I spoke to Matthias about it. He told me we would take care of it together.

We just finished the wedding rehearsal and Matthias was taking me out to dinner to the most expensive restaurant in the kingdom. We decided to drop the fancy dragon and mermaid attire and just go with a simple dress and suit. I was changing in the bathroom while Brittney, Sarah, Liana, Kayla, and Kiera were waiting for me.