Page 44

"No, I think she's a damn fool who's going to get me locked away in here forever because she's making things up!" I retorted now nearing tears. I was shaking with rage and utter disbelief. What was I supposed to do? She already had her mind made up and there would be no swaying her. It was impossible. I was at a dead end.

I thought about what she said and how anyone on the planet could stand to willingly do anything she was suggesting I did with Matthew. He was the definition of insanity and the most terrifying person I have ever encountered, but no longer the most twisted. Dr. Thompson won that place. They are both wretched human beings whose souls must have crawled up from the fiery depths of Hell.

"I don't want to read what she said about you." I said quietly and pushed the folder away. I didn't need to hear anymore about what she thought I was doing and what she thought was wrong with me. I was in more danger now and the only illegal thing that was going on she was doing. This can't be right. She can't do this.

Adrian read the last bit on the page and sighed as he tossed it down in front of Jay and Wendy.

"They think you're doing the same thing with me to counteract your feels about Matthew." I snorted at his summary and leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms. I wanted to be crying. I wanted to be alone in my room where it was safe and no one could accuse me of anything. No part of my brain could comprehend what was thought about me. How could anyone think that? What kind of sick, twisted person would be conceited enough to think they have the authority to make such bold accusations?

Soon enough we were all just sitting there over flowing with a rage so intense that I was shocked you couldn't see it in the air.

"I'm gonna kill her." Jay announced suddenly. "I'm going to go up there, find her, and kill her." He spoke through his teeth. His words didn't mean anything.

"No you're not." Adrian said in a calm tone and shook his head. "I am, because I'm the only one sitting here that's capable of doing it. I'm already never getting out. What's more?" He was completely serious. When we got out of here, if I couldn't find a way to stop him, he would kill her. There was no doubt in my mind that he would do it.

"Adrian, don't." I pleaded desperately. He shook his head. "Yes! If you do it they'll transfer you to another hospital and then what am I supposed to do? I'll still be here alone with labels on my head that are going to choke the life out of me!" I exclaimed, tears of mortal terror rolling down my cheeks.

"It'll be worth it." He responded, still not moving or looking away from the distant place he was in.

"Adrian, please." I sobbed and put my forehead to his shoulder. He pulled me closer to him and held me there.

"I'll fix it. I'll kill her and everything will be okay." He assured me still in that calm, distant voice. I was about to have a panic attack.