Page 32

{Opened a new can 'a worms, lol, I just had to say that}

"Why should Gale stay away from Adrian?" Yes, Alice, why do I need to stay away from Adrian you deranged psycho?

"I know what he did! They told me...they told me she doesn't know." She started laughing manically and crying at the same time. The air prickled and I couldn't breathe well anymore. "Once she knows she'll never come back, but it's too late for that isn't it? They've already gotten a taste. They know how to trap her." Everything but Alice's breakdown was still...dead.

Trap me? If she hadn't been so specific, this would be near as terrifying. They're going to trap me and they know just how to do it. I don't doubt that. They knew I bolted here when I found out about Adrian's seizure and they know their pressure breaks me easily. It certainly wouldn't be hard job to trap me because Adrian is my weakness.

Guards came in and took Alice away because she couldn't calm down. Well, it wasn't exactly as simple as that. It certainly took a measureable about of effort to get her out of the room. The kicked and clawed and screamed. She flailed around and slipped out of the guard's grasps more than once. When they finally did manage to wrestle her out of the room we had to hear her scream all the way down the hall. Why hadn't they sedated her? That's what they did before.

"Well, Adrian, what do you make of all this?" Dr. Thompson asked him with a weary sigh of her own.

Adrian just stared silently for a minute. With every second ticked away I began dreading what he would say. I really didn't know what Adrian did. All I knew was that he killed two people. I didn't know who they were or why he did it. I really didn't know enough about Adrian, yet something about him, even if I hate it at the same time, makes it impossible for me to be without him.

"She's right. She won't come back if she finds out." There was no trace of emotion in his voice. I couldn't decide if I was thankful for that or if it scared me. I was sure of one thing though. He believed it.

"How would you feel if she left?" It looked like Dr. Thompson was on to something and I didn't like where it was headed.

"Why does this all have to be about me?" Jay shook his head at my question and mumbled something I didn't quite catch. I wasn't concerned about tha though.

Adrian shrugged. "If she leaves she leaves." He may have sounded nonchalant, but he didn't mean that. He couldn't mean that.

It felt like someone grabbed my heart and was squeezing it. Tears welled up in my eyes and I knew I couldn't stay there anymore. I stood up, set the clip board and pin on the chair, and left. I walked quickly down the halls trying to fight off the urge to curl into the fetal position and cry.

"Gale!" I ignored Wendy and Jay and kept walking.