Chapter 14-True Or False

Again thank you all soooooooo much for the wonderful comments-you continue to blow me away with your love for this fic, it literally makes my life! :D

I am back at school now so unfortunately they will be slightly slower than they have been the previous few times :/ sorry!!

Umm yeah so anyway please vote and comment-I love feedback on the chapter :D any thoughts/predictions you have about the plot, opinions on the chapter etc :D But I love you all so enjoy!!  xxxx <3 SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES IT'S LATE AND I WAS TOO LAZY TO CHECK 

“What on earth are you talking about?”

“What part of: ‘I just murdered somebody’ don’t you understand?!”

“Just take a breath, stay calm and tell me what hap-“

“I CAN’T!” Alec yelled. All the fear and guilt, worry and confusion burst through the damn of composure and reason he had tried to construct inside himself. Because the truth was he didn’t have a clue what to do and right now he was barely anything more than a scared little kid.

“I can’t just ‘stay calm’ Magnus. I’ve killed a person. An innocent person. In cold blood. But I don’t know why. I don’t understand and I can’t-“

Alec’s wide eyes were darting frantically around the room, looking everywhere but a Magnus. His gasping breaths were shallow and rapid.

He was on the verge of a panic attack. So Magnus did the first thing he could think of. He grabbed Alec by the shoulders and kissed him-hard.

Magnus crushed the young Shadowhunter’s lips against his, hearing Alec’s startled gasp as their mouths fit together just like they always had.

Just like they were meant to.

After a few seconds Magnus pulled away but when Alec looked up at his face the warlock’s expression was uncharacteristically serious.

“Magnus what-?”

“You were going into shock-having a panic attack. When I kissed you, you held your breath which helped regulate your breathing again and stopped it.”

“Oh,” was all Alec could think to say.

“Quite.” Magnus said, quirking an eyebrow, some of his usual humour leaking back into his expression, softening his eyes.

Leading Alec to the sofa he sat close, their knees gently touching, and said: “Now go slowly and tell me what happened.”

This certainly wasn’t how Magnus had imagined their reunion. With Alec sitting rain soaked and bedraggled on his sofa, looking as though death was haunting him.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before but I didn’t-“ Magnus quieted him with a gentle finger to his lips.

“That doesn’t matter anymore,” he said softly. “Just tell me now.”

So Alec did.

“At first I thought it was just another of my nightmares but then…”

He proceeded to tell Magnus everything: The terrible dreams. His eyes flashing red. The sleepwalking.

All the way up to the events of that night.

When he finished Magnus sat in a stunned silence hardly able to believe what Alec had just told him. So this was what he had been hiding?

“But I don’t understand why. I didn’t even know her. I can’t believe that I would just…” he trailed off miserably.

“I don’t want to believe it.” Magnus said.