Chapter 8-Nightmare Rift

ok so I am REEEEEALLLLYYY sorry it has been so long! :( I've actually been sooooo busy with revision and school stress my brain has just been dead. My creativity and motivation went KAPUT! But i've finally written this chapter :D yay! I apologise in advance as the next one may not be for quite a while as I have my GCSE exams in 3 weeks but I will do my best. Anyway hope you like this chapter-please vote and leave me a comment with your opinions and thoughts-thank you :D <3 (I apologise for any mistakes)

When Alec awoke the bed was empty and the door to the bedroom was slightly ajar, allowing some light from the living room to sneak through. Rolling his tense shoulders he clambered from the bed and walked silently from the bedroom. He spotted the tall form of Magnus Bane standing at the counter in his small kitchen attempting to make some sort of breakfast.

He padded barefoot towards the warlock and wrapped his long arms around his waist. Magnus jump slightly at the unexpected contact but quickly relaxed into Alec’s grip. Alec rested his chin atop Magnus’s shoulder and spotted a large, sharp knife resting next to the chopping board. Sneakily he reached around to snatched the knife away, holding it tightly in his right hand.

After a few moments Magnus, seeming not to have noticed, reached for the knife only to realise that it was no longer there. Alec smiled teasingly, swinging the knife back and forth in front of Magnus’s face only to pull it away when he made a grab for it. Sighing amusedly Magnus grabbed another knife from the counter and continued making his breakfast silently.

Still behind him Alec let the large knife dangle loosely at his side as he wove his other hand in Magnus’s hair and tugged in the way he knew the warlock liked. Food momentarily forgotten Magnus purred gently and tiled his head back slightly, exposing the long, slim column of his throat.

Alec leant forward slightly and nuzzled at the soft skin there. Pressing his tongue against Magnus’s pulse point he listened to the steady sound of his beating heart, of the thick red blood being pumped through his veins.

A small, evil smile pulled at the corners of Alec’s lips for a moment before he struck.

Keeping his grip tight in Magnus’s hair he wrenched the knife across the warlock’s throat as the blade bit through the skin of his neck like it was butter. He watched as Magnus’s eyes grew wide and panicked as the blood began to pour like a crimson waterfall from the gash in his neck.

“Alec?” Magnus croaked out-his voice asking just one thing: why?

The Shadowhunter watched in silence as Magnus’s life drained away and congealed into a pool on the floor.

He felt the tension leak from Magnus’s body as his blood continued to leak from the wound in his neck, more sluggishly now as his heart stuttered. His tall frame seemed to almost collapse in on itself as it slid from Alec’s grasp and hit the blood stained floor with a dull, sticky thud.

******************************************************************************************

Alec’s body wrenched upright suddenly as a terrified yell clawed its way out of his throat; Magnus was awake in seconds.

“Alec? What’s wrong?!”

Alec’s wide blue eyes met Magnus’ for a moment before he scrambled out of the bed and fled to the safety of the bathroom, slamming the door shut and locking it behind him. His breathing was harsh and eerily loud in the small room.

He pressed his forehead against the cool wood of the door and squeezed his eyes shut but the image of Magnus’s lifeless and blood soaked body was seared onto his retinas.

On the other side of the door Magnus climbed quickly from the bed and ran over to the door, pushing the door handle down firmly only to realise that it had been locked. He hit the door once with his fist.