Chapter 17-Words Unspoken and Unheard

• Dedicated to Ellie Hodgson

Firstly thanks again for all the comments and support I really appreciate it :D The more of you who comment the happier it makes me, like honestly they make my day, and that often encourages me to write more and quicker :D SO VOMMENT!

Secondly HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AWESOME FRIEND ELLIE!!!! WHO IS 17 TODAY AND I AM UPLOADING THIS 2 DAYS EARLY IN HONOUR OF HER!! :D She's honestly such an amazing friend and she's such a great supporter of me and helps me believe in myself (plus she loves malec) so a big thank you to her!

And FINALLY this chapter is sad. At least it should be. I'm hoping I make you (or at least some of you) cry-please tell me if I do or you get close :) but yeah anyways enjoy...well maybe that's the wrong word but oh well.  p.s. the speech is inspired by one Ianto says to Jack in Torchwood :P

Alec was in a bad mood again. He tapped his fingers rapidly against his thigh, practically vibrating with pent up tension. Isabelle and Jace had returned a few times to check on him but had refused to talk to either of them, at least until Jace had annoyed him so much he had finally given in to him.

He had demanded multiple times to be allowed to go and see Magnus but Jace refused to even let him get out of bed-at least for another day or so until his headaches cleared up. Jace had even threatened to resort to tying Alec down to which Alec had ruefully responded that that wasn’t his sort of thing.

Jace had snorted and muttered something under his breath that sounded something like ‘if that’s not a lie I’ll let Clary paint me naked and hang it on the corridor wall’.

But Alec’s frustration and being forcefully bed-bound against his will did not ebb which was why, at around 2am after failing to fall asleep due to a particularly painful headache Alec snuck as quietly as he could, which was significantly less stealthy than usual, out of the infirmary and made his way back to his own bedroom.

To where Magnus was.

It was slow going but Alec was determined. He staggered wearily down the dimly lit corridor towards his room. His head felt as if it was about to split open and his arm still throbbed dully. He had done his best to tie it, one handed, in a sling to keep it still but every time he moved a new stab of pain shot its way through his arm. But he didn’t care-there were things more important than his own well-being.

His movements were slow but at last he reached the door of him room only to realise that a tall figure was standing in front of it-apparently keeping guard. Isabelle.

He stopped a few feet from her and looked into her tired face. Her skin was sallow; pulled tight over her cheekbones sharp and there were bags under her eyes. She gave him a small, brief smile.

“How are you feeling?” she asked quietly apparently choosing to ignore-at least for now-the fact he was out of bed without permission..

“Probably as bad as you look.” His sharp laughed was quickly halted by the stabbing pain that flared up in his chest. “Seriously Izzy, you need to go lie down.”

“Can’t” she replied quickly.

“Iz you really should-”

“I need to wait here until Brother Enoch returns. He’s going to talk to the other Silent Brothers about Magnus’s…current state.” Her voice was firm and her jaw was set. The way she saw it was that she had been given a task and she was full well going to do her best to fulfil it-even if it was just waiting outside Alec’s bedroom.  So what if she felt like hell and was about to drop from exhaustion?

“Well stay here if you want but I’ll be in there waiting anyway so you may as well get some sleep.”

Isabelle didn’t answer. She was so stubborn sometimes.