A/N-Author's Note

So I know you were all probably expecting this to be the last chapter you've all been waiting for-sorry to disappoint and please don't hate me! But I just wanted to take this opportunity before I upload the final chapter of this fic to say a few things. 

This fan fiction has been such a huge part of much life for the past god knows how many months I've been writing it and so it's both incredibly exciting and sad for me to finally have finished it. I fell in love with The Mortal Instruments many years ago and Malec was immediately my favourite couple (They are my ULTIMATE OTP) so of course I wanted to continue that into fanfic, who wouldn't?

When I had the idea for this fic I was both scared and excited. Was I good enough to write a fic like this? Could I get fans and keep them interested? Would my characterisation be awful? Would people even like it? Would my writing be an insult to both Cassie Clare and this beautiful ship?!

But at the end of the day I decided that, even if I endrf up just writing for myself, I would give it a go because writing is one of my greatest passions and if I could give even one person the joy of reading about Malec, like how I felt when I read the TMI series, then I could consider it to have been worthwhile.

This is actually the first proper fan fiction i've ever written and hence the first I've ever completed. It's not exactly been smooth sailing. I've had numerous instances of writers block and loss of motivation, plus the pressure of school, GCSEs and just life in general. 

However there is one reason that i've been able to keep going and finish this:

YOU.

ALL of you. (You're so awesome, I wish you all happiness and lives filled with glitter and fabulousness!!) ((well and a tiny bit me as well-go me!-but mainly you :P)

I can honestly say that it is thanks you all of you guys that I have managed to do this. Your amazing feedback and comments inspired me and made me determined to keep writing, not just for myself but because I owed it to you too.

When I started this fic I never in a million years imagined that it would be as popular as it is. In all honestly I was taken completely by surprise by the amount of support and praise I recieved. It was truly amazing as well as humbling. Your comments inspire me to be a better writer and for days when i'm feeling down reading them back makes me feel a sense of happiness and achievement that I can hardly put into words.

So for all of that: for your unending support, your wonderful comments, your messages of love for both this fic and myself, there is nothing more I can say than thank you. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart I am sincerely and truly grateful. <3

Because at the end of the day, this fic would be nothing without its readers.

I apologise for such a long, rambling note, especially when you were all probably hoping it would be the next chapter (sorry about that) and for sounding so ridiculously soppy but I just really felt this needed to be said. If you've actually read all of this then another massive thank you to you :D If you didn't...it's ok I still love you. 

I cannot say for certain whether I will write another Malec fic, especially one that's so long, in the future. I have a kind of Malec surprise that I will reveal at some stage as well as multiple other projects, drabbles etc. that I am working on. But I can say that Malec will always be in my heart as I'm sure it is in yours.

Goodbye from me for now and thank you again. I really couldn't have asked for more.

Love,

Aimée <3

Additional message: A special thanks to my best friend Ellie (nedinabed) for always being there for me, even during times I probably annoyed the hell out of her and rambled on about this fic way to much. You rock! xx