Chapter 13-Out Of Control

• Dedicated to Roy Johnson

BY THE ANGEL I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH FOR YOUR AMAZING, KIND, LOVELY COMMENTS!!! Seriously it's means so much to me and I love you all.

So because of this i'm uploading again, twice in one week, I spoil you ;) Yeah it's getting pretty serious now, everything is starting to come together. A few of you have already guessed what's going on and this may give it away but you will find out for certain in the next chapter. (p.s. I changed a tiny bit of dialogue from the origianl prologue cuz the story has changed so much since I wrote that first chapter but it's pretty much the same :P )

Hope you like it!! Enjoy and Vomment please :D SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES-I WROTE MOST OF THIS AT 2 am WHEN I COULDN'T SLEEP :D

The following days were hard on everyone. Alec refused to leave his room even to eat so Isabelle left meals outside the door every day. She nearly resorted to camping outside his room all day and night until Jace managed to convince her otherwise.

Alec tried to assure them both that everything would be ok if they just left him alone for a while. He told them that he wasn’t feeling right in the head at the moment, that it was the traumatic, bloody and violent events of the past year catching up to him- he’d told himself that lie so often he’d almost started to believe it himself.

Isabelle and Jace were getting more and more worried by the day. They even attempted to contact their parents but both were unreachable.

“Maybe he really does just need some time alone.” Jace suggested the morning after Alec and Magnus’ big fight. “If he’s in there he can’t hurt anyone.”

“Yes and what about him hurting himself?” Isabelle snapped. Jace didn’t reply, instead he pulled her close, hugging her tight.

It was as though all the tension leaked out of her. She sagged in Jace’s arms but at the same time clung onto him so tightly it was as though she was afraid that if she let go she would drift away.

“I just hate being so helpless.”

“I know,” Jace sighed, stroking Isabelle’s hair gently.

He understood how hard this must be on her and it really was taking its toll. Isabelle, usually so confident and full of sass, had been reduced to the scared, uncertain little sister role and that was something she wasn’t used to.

They all did their best to carry on as normal.

 Simon started staying at the Institute more than normal, watching Isabelle closely out of the corner of his eyes. He tried to comfort her in subtle ways: a simple stroke of the hand, a sneaky kiss on the cheek. Small enough things that she wouldn’t get annoyed at him trying to look after her and yet meaningful enough to provide some small measure of relief.

He just wanted her to know he was here for her. They were all here for each other.

Meanwhile, in Brooklyn, a frustrated warlock paced around his apartment.

Since the argument Magnus had called and texted Alec numerous times despite promising himself he wouldn’t. He had even made another surprise visit late at night only to be told by Isabelle that Alec still hadn’t emerged but that it would be a waste of time to bother him.

Time had worn Magnus down, made him think maybe he had over reacted. Alec just needed some space. Any anger he had felt had long since left him, he was too hold to hold grudges, and all that was left was a pit of loneliness and longing for the stupid shadowhunter boy.

***************************************************************************

That night Alec left the Institute just like before. But he was no longer in control of himself.