Chapter 6

Rose
Encircled in Harry's arms, sobbing like the most awful thing had just happened to me, I was speechless. What had just happened between us. It was the best, most intense sex I had ever had and yet I was balling my eyes out, clearly scaring the shit out of Harry. But I couldn't speak. I tried so many times to open my mouth and tell him I was all right.

Gently pulling out of me and turning the shower off, he kept me in his arms until my sobs subsided, giving me time to collect myself before he spoke.

"I'm so sorry Rose, I shouldn't have gone that far. I shouldn't have... Christ." His voice staggered slightly as if he was holding back tears. I needed to say something. He'd done nothing wrong, but my crying said that he did. I was so wracked with emotion. Pulling back a little, I let him see my face. I didn't look him in the eye, keeping my gaze on his hair covered chest, because I was embarrassed of the way I acted.

"I'm OK." My mouth managed to work finally. I wanted to explain further but that was all I could manage for the moment. Harry captured my face in his hands and forced me to look him in the eye. 

"Did I hurt you?" Shaking my head, he sighed, resting his forehead against mine. "Are you sure?" He asked. Still unable to speak, I decided to lightly place my lips against his, reassuring him that he didn't do anything wrong. Quite the opposite actually. He sighed again, into our kiss, that was short and sweet.

 Without saying another word, Harry lifted me from the floor and carried me from the shower, even though we hadn't exactly washed. He wrapped a large fluffy towel around my body, before wrapping a smaller one around his waist. We left the bathroom then entered the bedroom silently. Harry pulled another T-shirt and jogging bottoms from his wardrobe for me to wear. I rolled up the hem of the trousers as he dressed in a grey V-neck jumper and dark blue jeans. The silence was getting to me as he turned to face me. Neither of us said anything as we stared at each other, our silence only broken when his phone vibrated against his oak bedside table.

Sauntering towards his mobile briskly, he glanced at the caller ID then answered with 'Jones.' He briefly listened to what ever was being said then scowled.

"No, but watch him. See how long he stays then get back to me... Good, let me know if he takes anything...Yes... Bye." Sighing, he all but throws his phone back onto the table and plops down beside me on the bed.

"Everything alright?" I asked, not happy with his deep scowl. Sighing heavily he turned his body so he could face me fully.

"Turn to face me sweetheart." This couldn't be good, I thought, but obeyed regardless. "Before I tell you what I am about to tell you, you have to be honest with me. You have to tell me why I made you cry." Crap. I searched my brain to think of the best way to describe it, this time looking deep into his beautiful blues so he would believe me.

"I was overwhelmed. What we did in there it felt ... amazing. Unlike anything I have ever felt. And with everything going on, it just brought my emotions to the surface. I'm sorry if I scared you, you didn't push me. You gave me what I asked for." I let my breath out in a rush once I explained the best I could and captured Harry's hands in mine. His scowl eased and a small smile touched his lips. Bringing my hand up to his mouth, he kissed the back, repeating the action with my other hand afterwards. A smile tugged my lips until Harry frowned once again.

"Jack is at your flat." He sounded despondent.   

"Why?" I asked, my voice small. 

"I don't know. John just called me, he's been on the night shift, following him. He said that Jack has just entered your flat." I didn't know what to say. Jack had never been inside my flat before, not even when things were going well between us. He'd always said that his place was bigger and equipped with everything we needed, so it was only logical that we stayed there.

Suddenly anger boiled from somewhere within me. How dare he enter my home. After all he had done to me.

"Take me there." It wasn't a request. Harry looked at me for too long, then shook his head.

"Absolutely not. He's dangerous. I can't let you... No. I won't let you put yourself at risk. Especially not now. We don't have enough information on him. We don't know what he's capable of."

"I'm sorry? We don't know what he's capable of. How can you even say that?" Gaping at him, I stood to my feet. He stood with me, running his hands through his damp hair.

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant we don't know how far he will go when it comes to violence. He clearly has no morality, which may reflect his ability to cause serious harm, even murder." I blew out a long breath. He was right, of course. If I wanted him to help me he needed all the information he could get.  Not only for himself, but for his team.

"I know what he's capable of. Violence wise..." I hung my head. "...I've seen it." Harry placed his hands on my shoulders and squeezed lightly.

"I know."

"No you don't" I peaked up to witness confusion etching cross his features.

"What do you mean?" He asked. Moving past him, I took my seat on his bed. I'd shut out the memory of what I had witnessed for so long and now it was coming back. Almost like a flashback. Harry sat beside me as I prepared to tell him.

"We had just started seeing each other. I was at his house one night when a few of his friends came over for a drink. I was surprised at first because it was supposed to be our... you know." I looked to him as he nodded grimly.

"Anyway. He told me that he forgot that he had plans, but wanted me to stay because he thought it would be fun. Nothing had went wrong between us at this point. We'd only been together three weeks." I paused, swallowing past the bile that rose in the back of my throat. 

"The drinks were flowing and his friends got more rowdy as the night went on. I went to the bathroom, only to find one of his friends waiting for me outside."

"He didn't do anything to you did he?" Harry's nostrils flared, anger clear on his face. I shook my head.

"No, but he tried and Jack caught him." I grimaced at the memory.

"And he kicked off."

"Big time. He beat the shit out of him while his other friends just watched. I was screaming at them at one point to stop him, because there was blood everywhere and I knew the guy wasn't conscious anymore. I thought he was going to kill him. Maybe he did."

"You don't know what happened after?" He asked, rubbing my back soothingly.

"No. Jack locked me in the bedroom once he finally stopped beating him. By the time he got back and let me out, everything was cleaned up, including his friend."

"Did you ever see his friends again?" I looked into his sharp eyes and nodded.

"All but one." I answered. I never saw him again and I wasn't aloud to ask about it. Seeming to catch on to my thoughts, Harry tipped his head in brief acknowledgment, his lips moulding into a thin line.

"Do you remember his name?" He asked and I shook my head.

"They all worked for him though. If that helps." Kissing the side of my head, he moved to his feet and told me he needed to speak with Carlos about what I had told him. Maybe find out where Jack's missing friend is, if he's still alive. The thought makes me shudder. Deciding I needed to take my mind off things for a little while, I went into the kitchen and began making us some breakfast.

Harry walked into the kitchen just as I was setting the food underneath a warmer. Something wasn't right. He was breathing too fast and his face was too hard.

"Did you have a cat?" That seemingly simple question straightened my back and made me want to vomit. Did? Past tense, meaning I didn't anymore. I nodded my head frantically.

"Jesus..." He swiped his hand harshly across his face.

"Wha... What happened?" I knew I didn't want to know. Harry shook his head then grabbed my upper arms tightly.

"Jack has left your flat and is being followed by John. Scott was instructed to survey your flat once he left and he found..." He swallowed hard. "...He's completely obliterated your home and I'm sorry to tell you, your cat too."