Chapter 2: The last kiss

** A.N: I have two things to tell you. Firstly, I am not a satanist and I don't encourage people to believe in the devil. This is a work of fiction. And secondly, the girl in the picture is Danielle Campbell, the image of Helen Whitakers. In the story she has amber eyes, in reallity, well, not so much, but she is beautiful.

Enjoy the second chapter! **

We found out the party was on the beach side of the country. I lived in California, and we were going to Venice Beach. A beautiful place and also expensive to have parties at, but these people could afford anything. We waited for Friday's night to come, we put our beach suits on, a simple dress to match and we went to the party.

"Hi Melissa, Helen!" Josh welcomed us. "I was going to think you wouldn't come."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Mel got excited.

"I want you to meet someone. This is Terry Warrance, my friend."

This new guy was actually kind of cute. He was light blonde with green eyes, the type of beach boy. I think he liked me, because as soon as Josh presented him to us, he smiled at me, not at Melissa. She liked Josh and I was starting to think he liked me too, because they were both trying to have a conversation with me. I only liked Terry, but Mel was getting upset about Josh.

"I want to drink something funny." I suddenly thought. "Terry, would you show me around?"

"Sure." The cute beach boy replied. "You wanted to let those two have a moment, right?

"Yeah... but how did you figure?"

"I'm sorry, Helen, but Melissa, your friend, has all over her face that she likes Josh. He doesn't see it yet, but when he will I think he is going to like her."

"So Josh likes girls just because they like him back?"

"No. That's not I meant. She seems a good girl and I think they are a match for each other."

"Bullshit." I whispered, but thank God, the music was pretty loud and Terry didn't hear me. Mel was right. I never fall in love because boys are full of crap and I haven't found the right one. That's crap too. This guy doesn't care about Josh and her. He only thinks that his friend likes me and he has to remove competition. I understand it at some point, but he doesn't have to invent things to impress me. I'm not impressed at all. I just wanna have fun, get drunk.

"Are you there? Helen? Did you hear a word I said?" Terry asked and I realized he was talking for a while now.

"What? Uhm... I... sorry. I like this song and I was kind of lost for a moment." I tried to excuse myself.

"You were lost for many moments. It's ok if you don't want to try cocktails. You should've said so."

"But actually I would like to try one!"

"Do you like oranges and soda?"

"I guess so." I started to get curious.

He prepared me an interesting cocktail with oranges, limes, soda, vanilla cream, sour cream, some mixtures of aromas and alcohol. How could such a cocktail not have alcohol in it? What was he thinking that I would kiss him if he got me drunk? I would kiss him because he looked good. Nothing more and nothing less... Whatever. I hate guys. 

After an hour of having fun maybe because I was getting drunk a little more than expected Melissa comes to us almost in tears.

"What happened, Mel? Are you alright?"

"Josh left me there alone with some girls I don't even think they are from our school..."

"He is a jerk. And you know that..." I started, but Terry stopped me.