Chapter 6: To death and back

** A.N. Hiii guys! This is another chapter of my favorite story that I am currently writing! I hope you will like what follows. I don't know what to promise you on this chapter, but I know it's worth the wait for the next one.

Enjoy! **

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucifer's POV:

I think she screamed my name in such terror that all Hell could've been hearing her. This is embarrassing. It makes me look bad. When I got to that sweet place of death she was more dead than alive. I didn't feel it, but I knew she was suffering. Poor girl, what things she'd have to go through, and I can't stop it. There's no way to stop this.

"Mr Warrance, I suppose." I addressed to the boy. "You know crosses don't work, do you? You're the youngest member of the council, I can forgive you."

"Devil. I am not afraid."

"But I don't want you to be. Please, be nice, and step away from the body."

"You sound like a clueless human cop."

I laughed shortly, because I didn't have much time to play with this stupid little human and I got right behind him with my claws around his neck.

"Listen, Warrance, you tell your dad... Well, you can't anymore. I'll tell your dad, I have you in Hell and he is not getting you back because you see you made here such a mess. It's going to take me forever to clean this up. This is serious. Stop looking at her because in Hell you will suffer what she suffered here a thousand times worse and for how long I want. And let me tell you, I'm in the hell of a mood. Really."

"I wanted to cut her wings."

"Do you see any wings on her? No. Guess what? She is not one of the Fallen. Who knows how many stupidities you put in her head. Like I was saying, you made such a big mess. But why would you care? You don't have to clean it up, anyway. You have time. But see you in Hell in a few days or so. It will be my pleasure."

Helen's POV:

I was free. No more pain to feel, no more sorrow to bear. I felt lightly and I was smiling. I saw my body there lying unmoved, lifeless and abandoned, but I couldn't stop to wonder what happened and I couldn't cry or feel sorry for myself. It was time to go higher. It was light guiding me and when I looked at my shadow I discovered I had wings. Beautiful big wings. I wonder what color were they? I couldn't find a mirror to see them, but they were somehow fulfilling an empty place I never even knew I had. I moved with grace and I felt like I was having all the time in the world. I would stop to ask where am I going, but I know it's a place better than anywhere in the world. After some time of flying and following the light a path opened before me. The light was beginning to shade, the sky formed its dark clouds and I felt the water drops of rain touching my skin. It was a relaxing feeling until I saw them: my family and friends. They were all there gathered in the cemetery. I covered my mouth with my hand and I hurried to see who was inside. Of course I should've expected this: me...

I was there dressed in a white dress like I always wanted with my eyes closed, lips sealed and hands in an uneasy position. I was beautiful. A dark, mysterious, white girl with no essence of life, torpid, but tranquil; if I was in my room I'd say I am peacefully sleeping.

Along with the rain I began crying. My mother was looking at me with despair and my father was trying to stay strong. Melissa was apologizing for making my life impossible and for not believing me I didn't like Josh. Zach was standing there numb, he wasn't thinking of anything. Like a stone that feels sorry, but then, it doesn't really feel a thing. In their wicked ways, they were all suffering and I wondered if this was real. I can see myself. I am there. So much time passed? I am really dead? I watched how people were closing the coffin and putting it in the ground and then bury it. I stood there for hours with my loved ones and they stayed with me until the end. After everyone left, my mother and father stood there for another hour and then they left to go home. I was looking at the sign beside my tomb: "Loved daughter and friend". That's all they have to say? That's all I was? I am not any more?