Chapter 19: The beautiful devil

A.N. Hi, guys! I am happy to post another chapter! I just want to let you know this story will come soon to an ending. I haven't decided yet how it's going to be, but I'll make something epic. But for now, ~Enjoy~! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness felt cold and I felt fish scales holding my body. The thing that held me was moving fast into deeper Hell. In a twisted thought, because it could've only been twisted, I felt peaceful. It was like I hadn't a care in the world. It didn't matter where I was, it didn't matter how many people I've left behind. The only thing that counted was that I could breathe and my body didn't hurt anymore. I was free of the sinful events that happened, I didn't feel that weight in my heart anymore. I felt protected. And it didn't matter who or what was on my side. It could've been the devil himself at this point, as I have lost my soul a while ago. Maybe it wasn't my time to die in the mouths of those insidious creatures. And maybe I'm starting to be proud of my position among demons. It's relieving to know that survival is above all; above faith, love, family or friends. But I don't really feel like I have those things, so what does it really matter anyway?

I opened my eyes as I was getting anxious to know where I am and with whom. But it was a bad idea because all the pain came back. My arms hurt, my entire left side, my lungs and my right knee. Every fiber in my body felt pinches of the pain. I discovered I was on the back of a giant sea serpent. It didn't have spikes on his back, thank the universe, because I would've been dead, but I felt a slippery substance that smelled like waterfalls. I can't really say I can describe how a waterfall smells, but once I had an air freshener that smelled like waterfalls. It was a fresh smell of nature combined with a light perfume of mountain flowers. 

"You're awake." a giant dragon head turned at me. His eyes were the size of my arms. "Leviathan. Nice seeing you again."

I didn't forget about him. I didn't recognize him at first. But I was mesmerized at the sight. I have seen him in his true form (or I thought I did) when I summoned him. But now his whole construction felt different. It was like he'd done an upgrade on himself; a very majestic upgrade.

"I know why you're here." he continued.

"Weren't you supposed to be on Earth possessing someone else?"

"I took a break, for you. I'll give your soul back. That was the deal. But I want something in return. Stay in Hell. Not as a slave, as a guardian of my layer or whatever thing you'd like to do here."

"Are you kidding me!?" How the Hell does he think I'll stay here? I want my soul. This is unacceptable! This an abomination of idea. "What am I supposed to do with my life... my eternity, I mean, here?"

"Do you really think you have a chance of going to Heaven? And if you get to Hell you won't be so privileged next time." he added with a wicked smile on his dragon's perfect metal blue eyes.

"I have a life!" I yelled.

"A life that you don't value."

"Maybe I want to live in the paradise created by Lucifer."

"There's no paradise, darling, that's just a story. Will you free demons for a nice eternity in oblivion? Stop dreaming nonsense." Leviathan insisted.

"It's not nonsense. It's a perfectly good alternative."

"Lucifer wants to control it all. He doesn't care about making you happy."

"You don't care either about my happiness." I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Perhaps not, but I am giving you an alternative."

"And if I say no? What will happen without my soul?"