Chapter 3: I should've been here...

** A.N: This a beautiful day for me so I decided to post the next chapter. I promise you action and even more surprises than I had on the beginning. **

A new morning came and today I didn't receive news that I already knew. It was spring break, finally and like any other rich person I would go to a vacation, but we weren't allowed because of the incident, well, suicide or murder, whatever they were calling it.

I just went with Melissa on the beach and with her older brother, Mike; because our parents were too skeptical about going to the beach to let us go alone and I'm sure they are going to be for a while. Mike was already twenty-four years old so he was considered an adult.

We went for a swim but after a few minutes Michael called us to return.

"This is no fun!" I angrily said. "How are we supposed to see this as a vacation?" He was even acting as an adult.

"You are not." Her brother told me. "This place is a reminder of a tragic accident that happened and you have to take care of yourselves.

This wasn't working. It's not like Josh died in every piece of this sand I am walking on! But then, Michael had an amazing idea. Finally some sense got into him. I don't know how, but I'm not going to ask.

"Why don't I take you both to the amusement park? I think the spring carnival is in town and we are going to have a lot of fun."

We agreed on this decision. It was the perfect idea! Just what we needed! Some real fun! We went home, took a shower, changed clothes, ate something and we were ready to go.

"Carousels await us!" Melissa was being enthusiastic about it and so was I.

When we got there we saw a lot of kids and parents and so many things to do. We visited the haunted house at first because I was curious if I'd get scared. The effects were nice and a worker was planted to put a skeleton hand on your back, but more dramatic than this it wasn't going to be. Then we raced in mini carts which looked like race cars. I felt the adrenaline to my bones. It made me think about Terry. What was his reaction when he found out about the death of his friend? I think he was scared like everyone, but I don't want to think I'm involved in this. I was forced to let him die. I couldn't do anything more! Why am I having these thoughts now? I have been calm these past few days... And he told me his complete name... Why? Is that supposed to mean anything? Or was just his formal way of meeting someone?

Mike interrupted my thoughts saying we should go to the big carousel. This race lasted for 10 minutes and sometimes it was slow and easy going, but then when you at least expect, it would go wild. We chose the dragon-like cart. It was perfect for the three of us. I stayed in the exterior margin, Melissa in the middle and then her brother. The feeling of being up there it made me forget about all the problems in the world, even about my name! It was just about the adrenaline and experience! It was amazing! The ride was calm for a few minutes and then, the dragon went very fast and we raced through the tracks like wind.

But something was odd. I think always something has to happen. The safety bars that sustained us from falling were starting to get loose. At first I thought it was my imagination but then I looked at Mel and Mike and their faces were worried too. I wanted to scream in terror, even more terror than in horror movies, but I was in shock and I couldn't even shout "help us". I don't know who wouldn't be shocked, but I wanted to reach for help. My body was numb and was directing itself with gravity; that means all the way down. I hated physics and math and gravity and earth in that moment! I hated life and death, I hated everything! Why the heck didn't we stay at the beach!? I fell from the stupid dragon. I couldn't see where Melissa or Michael were, I couldn't see even where I was going to, except down. It was one of those moments when somebody tells you that you should come with your feet on the ground. I was coming down, but with my head. I hit some metal bars from the construction of the carousel's track, I hit my head but I managed to hold onto a bar. I felt my hands slippery and I was hoping that when I was going to fall someone would catch me. It's the right moment to cling onto life. You can hate me, life, I will hold on. I know it's absurd but I don't want to die here. It would be too ironic for my taste. Minutes or hours passed and they seemed an eternity but I saw a man beside me who was shouting to grab his hand. I managed to do that and my vision and other instincts blurred for a moment. When I opened my eyes again someone was holding me in his arms. I knew it was a man because I felt his strength.