Chapter 10: Choosing the lesser evil of two evils, is still choosing evil

**A.N: This is an important chapter for me, because it's the road between old and new, with other words, it represents change. Change is usually good, there are a few exceptions, but here we are on a huge line of gray, or red, it depends on which angle you're looking from. Enjoy the story, my dear reader!**

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days passed with Melissa in the house. Her parents agreed to let her stay here until hell would calm down, but we all doubted that would ever happen. We were getting along well; and I saw Zach at school but just ignored him. He didn't say anything either, so he probably didn't like me too much already. I told Melissa he was kind of weird and I didn't like him anymore.

"You don't like anyone!" Mel told me.

"It's not something by choice."

"I think it is. But how can it be possible? He is a hot mysterious guy! What do you want more?"

"I don't know. I am a girl; I don't know what I want." I laughed.

"That's not true." The new psychologist guy told us as he entered in his office.

I forgot to mention I was with Melissa on our visit to therapy. I don't know what happened to the woman, but this guy was definitely hot. We couldn't say a word. He heard who knows how much of our stupid conversation. I stayed there with my mouth half-opened and Melissa smiled and looked at him like she was guilty of breaking something.

"Sorry I interrupted you. I am Doctor Oscar Lawrence. I know I have a session right now with Melissa Oakley. Which one of you is her?"

"I am." My friend said. "But Helen is my friend and we kind of want to this together."

"And if you have a secret you don't want to share with Helen?" He asked.

"Then I don't want to share it with you, doctor, either." She said confidently. I was proud of her. She has given up envy. While the world collapsed around me, I had my friend again.

"Fine. I will agree this week to this idea and we'll see how this is going. But I don't promise you the same situation for next week."

"Thank you, doctor." I said. I actually liked calling him doctor.

"But I will still want to see you after we finish here." Why was he like this? Melissa gets to go home and I don't?

"Don't worry," Melissa began: "I will wait for you."

"I agree to this if you won't keep me an hour. For the moment we live in the same house and she can't go home without me." I smiled in his face. Let's see what he's going to say now.

"Ok. Just a half an hour then." He agreed.

We filled him in with our memories and last tragedies that happened. Of course I left out the part where I met Lucifer and got kidnapped by a Fallen member and tortured. And the part where I discovered there is a heaven made by Lucifer and I am allowed there just one day at five hundred years. And let me not to mention my dead sister who was named like me, or I was named after her, whatever. After he gave us some advice, not that I paid any attention, he let Melissa go. I remained there in the same chair and smiled like a high school girl. Not that I wasn't one, but I mean I put that stupid smile on my face.

"I see you don't know what I want from you." The new doctor said.

"No, I really don't."

"I want to know your version of the story."

"It's how I said with Melissa. I have no other version." I answered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."