Disaster

Chapter 5

***Amy P.O.V ***

"Amy." Whispered the voice.

I rolled over onto my side when I was struck by pain.

"Shit!" I yelped, and rolled to my other side and slowly began to drift back into my deep slumber.

"Amy." Whispered the voice again.

"What! I'm tired!" I yelled, not opening my eyes.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!!!!!!!!" Yelled the voice.

I jumped at the sudden noise and my eyes flew open. Suddenly I was wide awake.

I ripped off the covers and bolted upright.

My eyes landed on the strangers in my room.

Allyssa, Jessica, Carlie, and Chelsea were standing in my room holding a cake.

"What the hell!" I yelled as I glanced at my phone.

It's freakin' 5:53 in the freakin' morning. I was pissed that I was woken up so early.

Hey! A girl needs her beauty sleep!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!" They yelled again before jumping on my bed.

"Hey! Watch the casts!" I warned.

"Sorry." They said while giggling their heads off.

"Weirdos." I muttered.

I laid back to my pillow with a sigh.

The rest of the girls were talking about boys or something besides Allyssa.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said flatly.

"Whatever! Seriously, what's wrong? I can tell something is bothering you." She said.

"Well, it's my birthday and I'm worried to find out who my mate is. I hope it's Chad and if its not, we both will be crushed. Chad especially." I worriedly answered.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. I know this is going to be hard but you will do great. I went through this and it was tough, till I found Chris. He turned out to be my mate, I was shocked. I couldn't believe that I found my mate so quickly." She in a comforting tone.

She paused and looked up at me.

"I was crushed when I didn't find him the day I turned 15. It was awful without him, but when I did, it was the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

She stopped once more, causing me to look up at her.

"Amy, I promise that you will be okay." She assured me.

"Okay." I said then sighed.

"If we aren't mates, then obviously it wasn't meant to be." I added.

"Yeah." She said. "But don't worry about it. What you should be thinking about is when your going to get ready for school."

"Oh shit!" I said under my breath.

"I totally forgot that we have school." I finished.

"Out! Everybody out!" Yelled Allyssa. And with that everybody left, including herself.

I jumped in the shower switching it to cold, hoping it would help me relax, being careful not to get my casts wet.

I finished and headed back into my room.

I lathered my body in lotion then got dressed for the day.

I went through the daily routine till I was finally ready.

I gingerly came down the stairs into the kitchen to find my girlfriends laughing and conversing.

They stopped talking when I entered.

"Ready?" Asked Jessica while playing with the cake box.

"Ready as I will ever be." I replied, trying to sound ecstatic.

"Okay then, lets head out." She said as they started filtering out the door to their rides.

Before walking out I grabbed some Tylenol, swallowing them on the spot. Considering my prescription pain killers will make me drowsy, I don't want to be dozing in class.

I followed grabbing my keys off the hook, grabbed 2 bananas and a bottle of water then locked the door as I closed it.

I hobbled out to my truck, inserting the key into the ignition then started it.

I threw my bananas and water into the passenger seat, then laid my crutches down on the floor.

I put it in reverse and backed out.

In convoy style, we made our way to the high school.

I peeled back one of the bananas, inhaling it. I threw the peel out the window then opened my bottle of water, gulping down half of it in seconds flat.

I then pulled back the peel of the other banana, actually eating it this time. I repeated the same action before, tossing the empty peel out the window.

On the way there I remembered I wasn't supposed to be driving, "Oh well." I said aloud.

I finished my water then threw the plastic bottle into my backseat.

I began to approach the school and my heart rate started to increase.

My wolf started spazzing out in excitement.

"Calm down." I told her. She ignored me and continued to convulse.

I pulled up alongside Allyssa's Honda and Jessica's Liberty.

I turned my truck off and reached around for my backpack.

Found it! I felt the strap and pulled it up to me. I opened my door then eased out, balancing on my good foot then set my backpack in the seat. I pulled my crutches out and leaned them against the side of the truck. I slipped my phone into my pocket, I then grabbed my backpack and keys before closing the door, and then locking it.

I swung my backpack over my shoulders, put my lanyard with my keys strung on it around my neck. I grabbed my crutches and placed them under my arms then grabbed the handles and started off to the school.

With every step I took the more antsy I became.

My wolf was jumping up and down in excitement.

My eyes scanned the parking lot for Chad, no sign of him yet.

I reached the doors, took a deep breath and swung it open, and prepared for the worse.