10- Excepted Defeat

“So this is the place?” Lewis asked once we reached the building.

“Yup, this is it,” I looked up at all the beautiful graffiti artwork done here. I can’t believe it’s my turn to paint something without Alcatraz, or more importantly Malik to stop me. “So what were you thinking we should paint?”

“Well we’re known for being brave enough to call out the biggest art team in Miami. So I say we call them out some more.”

“And then we can add a rose since that’s going to be our signature thing right?” I asked him.

“Yah of course we gotta have the rose.”

“So let’s get started then.” We started working on the graffiti, and for some reason I kept on looking back scared someone like the police might catch us. Unlike Alcatraz it was only the two of us, and we were right next to the highway.

“Are you okay?” Lewis asked looking concern. He had taken his shades off so you can actually look him in the eyes. And man did he have amazing eyes. I never saw someone with dark brown eyes pull it off so well.

“Yah, I’m fine just have a lot on my mind,” I said continuing to spray-paint.

“Are you thinking about Malik and them?” He said trying to look unfazed.

“Yah it’s just I grew up with those guys. I never knew they would hide secrets for me, I mean if they were hiding this one how many other secrets do they all know about? I thought we were friends but I’m not so sure anymore.”

“Emilia-“

“Really, Emelia?” I asked cutting him off.

“Shut up. Just because they have one little thing they don’t want to tell you doesn’t mean they aren’t your friends. If the secret is that serious then maybe it’s better if you didn’t know at all. Those guys care about you, and just want to make sure your safe.”

He was right. I don’t like when others are right. That’s one thing I got from my mother, and that’s never accepting defeat. “Shut up, you’re wrong!” I said accidently spraying Lewis with neon green spray-paint. “I am so sorry. My bad.” I said laughing hysterically.

“You shut up, and accept I’m right,” he said taking an orange can of paint and spraying it all over me. I glared at Lewis.

“What the hell you did that on purpose.”

“Woops?” He said trying to look all innocent.

“Whatever just more for you to clean after I get off your motorcycle.” I said continuing to paint.

“Damn it,” I heard him say under his breath.

“We did an amazing job,” Lewis said when he finished spraying the rose. It was beautiful. We decided to play around with Alca by writing Bring It in beautiful bright Miami colors. And on the side was our signature rose. What made this artwork even more amusing was that it was right next to Alcatraz’s famous flamingo artwork.

“This is going to have a huge uproar.”

“That’s the point Emelia,” he said putting back on his shades. “Now let’s go before the police come or something.”

We drove off in his motorcycle when I saw that Lewis was taking a whole different route. “Where are you taking me?” I asked him.

“Well if you didn’t realize we are covered in neon paint so I thought we could go to my house and shower or something.”