9- Shut Up and Drive

“You see I’m not an evil monster. I can actually be pretty nice.” Sophie said walking away probably to her class. Lewis pulled me away from Danielle taking me a little off guard.

“So what was your idea for the Rose bandits to do next?” He said that mischievous grin on his face.

“Shh!” I said looking around making sure no one overheard what he said. “We don’t want anyone hearing us do we?”

“I wouldn’t mind someone hearing,” he said causing me to give him the ultimate stare down. “I’m just kidding, calm yourself.”

“Not funny.” I turned around and found Desiree walking down the hallway her head held high. Her confidence annoyed me sometimes. I knew some of these kids since kindergarten, and I walked with my head to the floor. While she had the confidence of Aphrodite at a beauty pageant.

“Yah I’m leaving,” I said as soon as she was standing in front of us.

“Don’t forget tonight,” Lewis said as I walked away.

“It’s a date. I mean… it’s a… umm. See you then.”

“Okay class today’s assignment is going to be to draw you’re favorite item. You can make a twist of it, make it something personal, not all drawing have to be literal.” The art teacher said. I sat at the back of the class not really wanting to catch any ones attention.

“Hey I heard you’re finally coming back to our place,” Desiree said taking a seat next to me as if things were great between us. I ignored her and took out some color pencils to draw a horizon, but in place of the beautiful golden Sun would be something much more loved by myself: Oreos.

Genius, I know.

“Are you just going to ignore me forever?” she asked.

“Are you going to tell me what you’ve been keeping a secret?” She quickly shut her mouth. “That’s what I thought.”

“Ms.Brookes care to explain to me what exactly you’re drawing?”The teacher asked for once actually walking to the back of the classroom.

“Well one thing I really love is Oreos, so I drew a horizon, but instead of the sun rising up I have an Oreo because as soon as the sun rises Oreos are all that are on my mind.”

“Excellent job Ms.Brookes. Uh… very creative,” she said talking about today’s lesson. “Can anyone tell me about some types of famous paintings?”

Many kids raised their hands. The teacher chose one of the jocks, also in the back of the class like they always were.

“The Mona Lisa is a famous painting,” the jock said. She chose a couple of students, when she chose another jock, this one a bit more challenged.

“The Rose Bandit artwork is amazing, and it’s taking over twitter and instagram!” This caused an absolute uproar from the classroom. Lewis looked back at me and gave me a wink and his signature smirk.

“Now class let’s talk about this Rose Bandit artwork,” everyone settled down and paid attention to the teacher. “I’ve had the opportunity to see this … artwork as you call it. And I don’t see what’s so amazing about vandalizing the back of somewhere and signing a rose with a skull.”