Long Nights

Angel: 

We don't speak as we go in. I go straight to the kitchen and grab some whiskey and hide it in my wing. I also grab a beer and head to my room. I hear Sam and Dean talking but ignore it. In my room I'm prepared to stay up all night to avoid the nightmares.

In the morning I take a large gulp of whiskey and get in the shower. I spend longer in there than before trying to wash away the worries but to my luck it doesn't work. I curl my hair and wear a white undershirt, black flannel and black pants. I tuck my wings in the shirt and walk to the library. Dean's the only one up. "Morning" I greeted. He looks up from the journal and nods to me with a slight smile. I can tell he was having nightmares too. "Rough night?" I ask. "Yeah." He says. "Nightmares?" I ask again. He nods. Their most likely about purgatory and Castiel. Dean's phone rings. He takes it out and walks off with a confused face. Sam walks in. He nods to me and goes to the kitchen. "Benny?" I hear Dean say. "How'd you get my number better yet how'd you get a phone?" Dean asks. "Fine what do you need?... Keep your nose clean you hear..." Dean ends the call. Secrets. Now who or what would he be telling to keep in the shadows? Kevin comes in and sits with the tablet. "How's it going Kevin?" Dean questions. "Not so well." He answers.

I go to the kitchen just as Sam leaves. I make some coffee to keep me awake. Minutes later there's a case. Sounds like a vamp, just a milk run. I don't go, just let them handle it. I walk around until I find a large empty room. It's literally empty, no boxes, no shelves just emptiness. Being me I had an idea. I looked up finding the roof quite high and jumped up. I pushed my wings through the shirt and took flight.

I don't get to fly very often anymore but this place could be my new hang out room. I landed softly and ran down the hall to the garage. I grabbed wires and pipes and many other tools. In about an hour Kevin came in and found me building an obstacle course in the air. He just stared. I mean this is his first time seeing me fly. "Hi Kev!" I called. "Uhh... Hi. Whats all this?" He questions. "Well since I can't fly outside because it's too big a risk I found this place and stuff kinda just happened." I started to descend. A wire hoops hung from the ceiling and pipes as tall as a building stood. "Like it?" I landed in front of him. "It looks cool." he nodded as a gust of air hit him from my wings. I smiled. "Well I better get back to translating the tablet, see ya later." Kevin waved off.

I flew back up and decided to test the course. I dove through the hoop and almost clipped my wing on it and then I tried to weave through the pipes but failed and went head first into one and fell. I landed on my back. "Owe..." I groaned. Getting up I shook it off. I rubbed the joint of my left wing. A few more tries and more mistakes but I got better at diving and spinning in air. As I landed I tripped and rolled to a stop with my feet resting on the door and my back on the floor. I huffed and tried to catch my breath.

I got up and got in the shower trying to wash off the sweat. All the sudden I saw Castiel. He was in a forest being chased by leviathan. I backed up against the wall as I returned to reality. I gasped at the next one. He was on the side of the road walking and the impala passes by. I see Dean stop and look back but Cassy's not there. My vision returns and I get out quickly and get dressed.

Authors note

Hey guys! So um the little course thing was a friends idea and it sounded good at the moment but i'm not taking it out because it comes in later. Anyways,  Hope your enjoying the book. Love ya'll ~CS2 <3